Monday, June 19, 2006

Father's Day Treat

I still have one more Writing Friend to celebrate and I will get to that just as soon as The Sicilian lets me out of the vice-like grip he currently has on my imagination.

But yesterday was Father's Day and to celebrate the BM and I and the Offspring and his lovely girlfriend went to Sheffield to see the wonderful Dylan Moran live at the City Hall.



As a result of the evening, I now know just why laughter is considered great exercise - for some muscles anyway. I ache from laughing and I will remember the 'bedtime story' and 'trying to tell a woman she has PMT' for a long time - and smile.

For those of you who don't know Dylan Moran's anarchic humour, and for those who do and would like to enjoy a clip from the wonderful show Black Books, I offer this link to a scene that will resonate with all writers who have experienced the dreaded Rejection Letter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen that before and loved it but didn't realise he was famous and had a show! Thanks for blogging about that, I shall be looking out for him now.

Looking forward to your next 'friendship' post. Part of the fun's trying to guess who it might be :)

Donna Alward said...

WHen I first watched that scene a while ago, I laughed so hard at the end I scared my daughter.

I think it was the fugel horn that did it. ;-)

Kate Walker said...

Sharon and Donna - it is such a great scene isn't it? Sharon, if you haven't seen Black Books do try and rent a DVD or something - I think you'll enjoy it

And Sharon - yes the flugel horn finished me off too :o) ;o)

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts