Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thank you

I've said it on the comments section of the last post - but it merits saying again in pulblic here -
a great big THANK YOU to everyone who possted to send me birthday greeting and wish me happiness for the day.

I had a lovely lovely day. Starting with a phone call from my sister in Australia before I'd really opened my eyes - then cards and presents from lots of lovely people - a trip to York, just wandering round and occasionally looking in shops. The BM bought me a wonderful, beautiful embroidered jacket for my present (he has superb taste in clothes when place in front of a shop rail and told 'That is what I'd like for my birthday ' and given a little push)

Afternoon tea in Bettys was delicious - Anna Lucia suggested that I try the brown bread ice cream sundae and I was tempted - but I was also tempted by the berries and ice cream sundae and that one won. Next time, Anna! And maybe you'll share it with me.

My birthday being a Sunday, there were more cards on the Monday - and, from my editor, the best possible gift an ed can give her author - the news that Sicilian 1 is tweaked into submission and is now bought and heading for the UK schedules - is in fact scheduled and Sicilian Husband, Blackmailed Bride will appear in March 2007. So now Sicilian 2 (Vito) and I will have to have some serious words about his story.

But first I'm travelling - heading out today towards a workshop I'm doing in Kent on Sunday. (Details are here if you're interested - there are still some places). But as the BM is also teaching - in Oxford - on Friday - we're staying there first and then heading for Kent. I'm looking forward to this workshop - it's the first time I've had a full day to teach and talk about writing romance and I plan to cram as much as I can into it - and hopefully have a lot of fun too

So If I don't manage to find a pojnt to plug my computer into anywhere, then I'll see you on Monday - have a great weekend.

No comments:

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts