Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Contests

Right, so the 12 Days of Christmas Contest is organised.


Leena Hyat of My Tote Bag has all the details and is setting it right away. Hopefully that will go up later today or tomorrow at the latest.

I have all the details of the Christmas Stocking organised too - I just need to get them up on my web site Contest page - but for readers of this blog, here's a little advance notice.

The contest, as always, is to win one of two Christmas stockings that I have stuffed with books from lots of author friends of mine who have very kindly donated signed copies of their novels. Some of these were donated back in the summer when I planned to do the Tote bag full of books - but then the Great Big Blog Party took over and there were more than enough prizes on offer so I held over the generous donations for this contest.

So far I have these titles to give away: (in no particular order)

You Had Me at Halo - the brilliant debut novel by Amanda Ashby - complete with your very own halo as an extra gift!

Vintage Babes the brand new novel by Elizabeth Oldfield who used to write great romances for HMB and now has launched this new book with Accent Press

Also from Accent Press, One Glass is Never Enough by my Caerleon Writers' Holiday fellow addict and tutor Jane Wenham-Jones

Bedded By A Bad Boy is the debut novel of Modern Extra (now Modern Heat) author Heidi Rice.

Rich Man's Revenge is a Silhouette Desire release by up and coming Author Tessa Radley

Confessions of A Party Crasher or Dashing through the Mall come from my lovely friend and great writer Holly Jacobs

I also have the wonderful The Boss's Wife For A Week, Spence and Sadie's great story by Anne McAllister

My contribution will be a couple of copies of the Mills & Boon Annual for this year containing - amongst others - my short story Wife For Real which was the very first part of The Alcolar Family Trilogy.


And I have been offered contributions with a suitably Christmassy theme by Kate Hardy, Michelle Styles and Margaret McDonagh - but I need to gey back to these generous ladies before I finalise the details and let you know exactly the titles they are offering.

It's a GREAT prize and one I wouldn't mind winning myself, sadly I can't enter.

This contest will run for the next couple of weeks - until the 18th December when, hopefully, I will still have time to get the prize to the winners (there are two complete stockings on offer)
As I said, I will post the details of how to enter on my Contests page just as soon as I can - but if you're desperate to get started on your entry, then what you'll need to do is:

To check out my web site for the names of all of the books that I have published this year - there are four of them. (I'm talking about my separate titles - not any of the By Request Anthologies or reprints

When you have the list of four titles, I want to know the names of the heroes and the heroines of each book.

So your entry should read:
Title One - hero's name - heroine's name
Title Two - hero's name - heroine's name
Title Three - hero's name - heroine's name
Title Four - hero's name - heroine's name

Have those ready and the email them to me with the heading Christmas Stocking Contest in the subject line

Please make sure you put that heading otherwise your entry may get lost - I get a lot of emails!

One entry only per person. Any extra entries will be eliminated.

Good luck!

PS And don't forget that simply by staying on my Newsletter list you are also in the running for the special Newsletter 12 Days of Christmas Contest where you don't have to do anything - or answer any questions, just stay right where you are and you never know, Sid the Cat might pick your name in his bumper Christmas Bonus Prize Selection. That's just one of the extra benefits you get for being one of my extra special readers! So why not sign up today and join the Newsletter Group? (see the link in the sidebar)

No comments:

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts