Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tote Bag Full of Books Contest 2

Before I start today I have to wish a Happy Birthday to another fabulous Harlequin Presents novelist. Today is the birthday of the brilliant Robyn Donald. I was lucky enough to meet Robyn and her lovely husband when I was at the Romance Writers of New Zealand Conference four years ago, And I know that Robyn is at the Conference right now. How I wish I could be there with her.

Happy Birthday Robyn!


Now I have two more books that are part of the prize in the Tote Bag Full of books to tell you about.



First is the debut novel from a very special friend of mine - someone who laughingly calls me her Cyber Mum. I first met Anna Louise Lucia through the message boards at eHarlequin.com. Then we met in person at an RNA conference and we've been friends ever since. I was lucky enough to be sent one of Anna's submissions for the RNAs New Writers' Scheme and as soon as I read her unique, distinctive voice I knew that one day she would be published.


I was right and this year I've been able to celebrate as Anna's very first novel Run Among Thorns (Medallion Press) was published. In June, on the book's official launch day, Anna sent me a personal copy of this book (thank you Anna) and I was hooked - it was one of those 'I know it's late but I don't want to put this book down' times. And I hope that you'll enjoy this story just as much as I did.

A man does not run among thorns for no reason. Either he is chasing a snake, or a snake is chasing him.

How can you trust your heart, when it calls your enemy, “lover”?
In a crisis moment of her life, Jenny Waring did something exceptional.
Now the authorities want to know how and why she killed three armed men.
Kier McAllister’s job is to break Jenny Waring. He’s asking a lot of questions, and he isn’t asking nicely. But it’s his job to find out why she could take out the bad guys like a seasoned agent.
McAllister’s thinks he’s in control. The balance of power is shifting, however. It isn’t his job to care about how he achieves his goal. Yet Jenny’s accusing eyes are starting to hold for him, and that isn’t good at all. Not when the people he works for aren’t about to leave her alone.


She started out being his job. Will she wind up being his redemption?

Anna's next book, Dangerous Lies also from Medallion Press is out in June 2009


The second book I have to tell you about today is written by Jessica Hart who, like me last year, is currently celebrating her 50th title being published and she's running a special celebration 50 Heroes, 50 heroines, 50 Happy Endings over on her web site. (I'll be guest blogging over there in September). I was also able to there at the Harlequin party in San Francisco when jessica was presented with her gold Harlequin pin to celebrate this special milestone title. Many Congratulations Jessica.


Jessica is also the winner of a RITA - in 2005 her novel Christmas Eve Marriage won this prestigious award for Best Traditional Romance.

The book that Jessica has donated to the Tote Bag of Books is Outback Boss, City Bride and it's part of the Bridegroom Boss duet.




Meredith and Lucy are two sisters as different from each other as they could be. Meredith is sensible and dependable, and doesn’t take risks. Lucy is fun and craves adventure and romance. Throughout their lives they’ve stuck to their family roles – and to each other. Meredith is perfectly happy with her life in London until fate takes her to the Australian outback in search of Lucy. It’s the last place she’s ever wanted to go, and she’s horrified by the conditions until Hal Granger makes her realise that it’s the only place she wants to stay!


Jessica's next book is Last Minute Proposal which is out in October


So there are two more great books that you can win as part of this fabulous Tote Bag collection.

And don’t forget there will be two signed copies of The Alcolar Family Trilogy as runners’ up prizes.

So what do you have to do?


All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning this great prize is to answer these simple questions —

1. What are the titles of the books in the Alcolar Family collection? (Remember that although the By Request Collection is the Alcolar Family Trilogy, there are in fact four stories in the whole of the collection.)


And

2. What are the names of the hero and heroine in each of the four books you have listed?
Put your answers in an email and send them to me below.



Make sure you put Alcolar Family Contest in the subject line on the email.
Closing date is August 18th when Sid the Cat will be given the task of choosing the winners as usual.

3 comments:

Dina said...

Wishing Robyn Donald a Happy Birthday!

Wow, there sure are alot of great books you've got there, I entered yesterday, whew. :)

Anna Louise Lucia said...

Thank you, Mum! :-D

I'm still so thrilled you liked Run Among Thorns, and I hope your Tote Bag Full of Books winner likes it, too!

Happy Birthday, Robyn!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!! I too love these books...

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts