Friday, August 07, 2009

Good news for American writers

I've heard from so many of you in America who want to write romance and have found it difficult to get your hands on a copy of my 12 Point Guide to Writing Romance. It's not easily available in the USA and when it is, it's dreadfully - just about prohibitively expensive.

I've been working with the publisher on getting a USA version of the book into America, and while I was in Washington and at the RWA we finally succeeded. After a bit of organising and negotiating it was there in the RWA bookshop - but the publisher's price was $27.50 - way too expensive, I thought. But that was the publisher's decision.


But after some more discussions and a bit more reorganisation, it was agreed to sell the book at a special promotional price of $19.99 - and the good news is that I've heard from the publisher that the prices is staying that was. So that's almost $8 less to buy it!


Great news I think!


Amazon.com already has the USA edition at this price so you can order it from there. And I think that Amazon.ca have the new price. The last time I looked, Barnes and Noble didn't have the new edition in stock on line but that doesn't mater - just take the details to any B&N shop or Borders - any bookshop in fact - and you'll be able to order the book at this great price.
Here are the details you need:
KATE WALKER'S 12 POINT GUIDE TO WRITING ROMANCE
Author: Kate Walker
ISBN: 978-1842851319
Price : $19.99
Studymates Publishing
Chicago Distribution Center
11030 S. Langley Ave.
Chicago, IL 60628
Phone: 773-702-7000
Fax 773-702-721212
For those of you who don't know, this is the Second Edition. And the new edition is not only revised and updated, it also has this 40+ pages extra with advice and tips from 21 currently published authors. Authors like Michelle Reid, Anne McAllister, Sandra Marton in Presents, Liz Fielding, Natasha Oakley, in Romance, Trish Wylie and Julie Cohen in Modern Heat (Trish in Romance too!) - and Kate Hardy in Mod Heat and Medicals - along with Gill Sanderson and Margaret McDonagh. And in Historicals there's Nicola Cornick and Michelle Styles . . . and that's only as a taster. There's also Holly Jacobs from Harlequin Everlasting - er - Superromance (see there's another of those lines that came and went) and Yvonne Lindsay from Desire.
Hopefully, whatever line you're aiming for you'll find something to help you there.
And don't forget that if you live in any of the coutries they serve, the Book Depository will deliver for free.

8 comments:

Caroline said...

Dear romance writers of America - as a UK would-be-writer I bought Kate's 12 Point Guide to Writing Romance, and I can tell you it was the best! So no excuses now. Buy this book! I guarentee that you won't be disapointed.

Olga said...

The book indeed sounds amazing! I've heard so many great things about it. Thank you for having the price lowered!

Lacey Devlin said...

That's great news Kate! They've always been readily available in Australia and I have no idea what I'd do without mine!

Christina Hollis said...

This is a real 'must-have' for anyone who loves romance and would love to write it, too. I was so impressed, the local college library now has a copy on its shelves, too. It's one of their most borrowed books!

Kate Walker said...

Thank you Caroline! I'm blushing at your compliment. Really hyappy to know that the 12 POint Guide helped you

Kate Walker said...

Hi Olga - I'm really pleased to have managed to agree on a lower price. The bok is meant to help aspiring authors and it's not goign to do that if they can't afford it

Hope it helps you

Kate Walker said...

Hi lacay

I'm glad to hear that the 12 Point guide is readily available i8n Australia - it's been more difficult to get it into the shops inAmerica so I'm hoping this will now be easier.

Kate Walker said...

Hello Christina! Lovely to see you here. I remember signing a copy of the 12 Point Guide for the college. How great to know that it has been so well borrowed

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts