So here I am, trying to catch up and bring things up to date. What have I been doing since I last posted?
1. With the help of the wonderful Heather Reed of We Write Romance, I’ve finally updated my web site. (Thank you Heather!) I can’t believe how long it is since that was done. So now there is a complete list of all the recent M&B Vintage/Harlequin Treasury ebooks that have been issued - including a special banner that Heather has created - and they’re all clearly shown. The new publicity pic is up there too.
2. On a personal front there was the dental emergency - how can a tooth go from ‘fine’ to ‘ouch!’ in what seems like the blink of an eye. Well, that’s what mine did or so it seemed. So I’ve spent more time than I care to remember sitting in a dentist’s chair, trying to breathe calmly while the old filling was drilled out and a new one put in. Fun – not!
3. Reading. One of my resolutions – not new year, obviously, but a determined one all the same – has been to read more as I’d not been getting my hands on as many books as I would have liked. So I’ve had my nose buried in as many volumes as possible – some good, some not so satisfactory.
4. Admitting at last that the C word is coming – it’s December tomorrow and that means that Christmas is just around the corner. And with friends and family in America, Spain, Australia, Japan, presents and parcels need to be organised, gifts bought, wrapped and sent on their way. I’ve just put what is (hopefully) the last foreign posting in the Mail. Which means of course that I’ve bought the gifts and wrapped them before I did that! And there are some other presents ticked off the list for friends and family nearer home- I’m starting to feel surprisingly organised.
5. Watching the results and reading the top 3 entries in the So You Think You Can Write Contest – I enjoyed them all – Congratulations to all three – Mel, Amber and Jennifer – and extra special congratulations to Jennifer for winning that prized publishing contract.
6. Celebrating some very special news when a dear friend Anna Louise Lucia and her husband announced that they are adopting a a gorgeous, bouncy, little two year old boy. That’s the very best sort of news on a cold grey damp November day.
7. Planning the Advanced Contemporary Romance Writing Workshop for Fishguard in February2013. The welcome letters and the reading list have gone out and now I’m planning the final details of the course and waiting for some first chapter submissions so that I can discuss them in the one to ones in February. So looking forward to that. Oh – and if you were hoping to book for Fishguard, but hesitated after I announced that the course was sold out – as a result of an unexpected cancellation, there is now ONE place left on the course for February 15th 2013. One place only - so if you’d like to grab it – check out the details here and get your booking in.
8. I’ve also been planning my Christmas celebrations on the blog – with the Advent Calendar coming up starting on December 1st (that’s tomorrow isn’t it? Yikes! Must get organised!) I have a book a day to give away – some old, some new - and I know that there are some Kate Walker collectors out there who might be interested in a couple of ‘golden oldies’ I have on offer. All you have to do is to join in, come and chat, tell me what’s happening in your world and post a comments to be in with a chance to win - So look out for that Advent Calendar starting Saturday December 1st.
And that’s it – I think! I’m sorry for the absence, and glad to be back. With the Advent Calendar giveaway lined up for the next 24 days, I’ll hope to be much more of a regular blogger for December at least!