Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Who knows where the time goes . . .

It’s WHAT day?
No – it can’t be Wednesday - it just can’t! I’m sure it was Sunday only a moment ago. I was just in here answering questions and then I got a little busy . . .

And it’s suddenly Wednesday May 30th.


How did that happen? I know I had plenty to do – no – I’ll spare you another of those lists (mainly because I wrote one and then erased it by accident – it’s been one of those days) - but I know I did some exciting things like digging in the garden – planting petunias and French Marigolds – and removing snails and other sundry ugh things. Actually the snails I don’t mind too much - you can grab them by the shells and sling them in the direction of the hedgehog house. The Hecks are very fond of a nice chewy snail of two. But as there are rather a lot of snails around at the moment, obviously Great Heck and Middle Heck are not doing their job properly. Perhaps we’re feeding them way too much cat meat and they’re not inclined to go to the bother of hunting for their own dinner. Rations might need to be cut down now it’s mild and they won’t starve. Believe me, with this number of snails around they won’t starve.

No, the thing I dislike when digging is finding Dylan’s cache of dead mice. Yeuch! He likes to hide them under the lavender bushes once the fun of playing with them has worn off – cats! Actually, the Hecks are not averse to a nice mouse either - we run a pretty efficient recycling scheme in our garden – the cats get the cat food and what they don’t eat goes out for the Hecks – who will also deal with the slugs/the snails and the discarded dead mice. And what the Hecks aren’t interested in then the magpies will come along and clean up.

So apart from the dead mice and the snails I spent some happy time in the garden (between downpours) and now have lovely hanging baskets and garden pots filled with all sorts of beautiful blooms (well – okay they will be blooming soon – the baskets are flowering well but the pots are at that just planted and so looking bedraggled stage.

The other thing that confuzzles me about it being May 30th is that I keep seeing my book – the book – the famous 50th book – all over the place in the shops. (If you find one with a bookmark in, that means I was there before you!). Officially this book isn’t supposed to be out until June 1st but as I’ve observed before, the publication date is a moveable feast, specially on Amazon. So here I have to thank all the lovely readers who put The Sicilian’s Red-Hot Revenge straight into #1 position on the Best seller list yesterday.

So the book is out but I’m not quite ready. The updates on the web site are almost done. Hopefully the last bits and pieces will be in place by tomorrow – and the for June 1st (which is the official publication date!) we can start the celebrations.
And I’ll try and get a bit more organised – and catch up with myself - answer some more questions maybe . .
Back soon (I hope!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't keep up with the days either Kate! We're on half term this week, so my daily ritual blog-checks have been neglected.

(As has my writing-- but I miss your blog more!)

Trish Wylie said...

Well I grabbed MY COPY TODAY!!! Ha!!!

Guess who I'll be looking to autograph it???

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts