Sunday, March 01, 2009

Happy St David's day!


It's March 1st and a brand new month. It's also St David's Day so as he's the patron saint of Wales I want to wish a really happy saint's day to all my friends from Fishguard and Caerleon .

It's also the first Sunday of the month so that means that it's the day I post my regular blog over on Tote Bags 'N' Blogs so that's where you'll find me today.



And talking of blogs - my next posting on the Pink Heart Society (on 18th March) will be on the topic of Writers' Wednesday so I was wondering if there was any particular topic anyone wanted me to cover. Leave your suggestions in the comments secion - and if I don't actually deal with your request on that blog then I'll make sure I answer queries on here. We haven't had any writing tips for a while so I'll make it a mini Q&A if anyone has anything they want help with.

4 comments:

Kaye Manro said...

Hi Kate! It's been a while. Happy St David's Day!

I think anything you wish to talk about would be fine. Any subject on writing is always good.

Take care, Kaye

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate. As a native "North Walian" happy (belated) St Davids Day! On the subject of writing could you answer the question (from your experience) as to whether you should write the whole book or just stick with the first 3 chapters and a synopsis when sending off to HM&B. Thanks - Caroline.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate,

When you advise would-be writers to 'dig deep', what do you mean?

Thanks,
Jo.

Janet Ch said...

Hi Kate,
I love it when you answer writing questions.

Here's one about submitting to M&B.

The Harlequin London office asks to see a partial in the first instance, rather than a a query letter, but it only seems polite to include a covering letter with the submission.

What would you advise us to include in this cover letter?

I tend to give a few very basic details ie title, wordcount, and line targetted. But I often wonder if maybe also including an intriguing pitch paragraph/logline is a good idea? Or does the synopsis make it unneccessary?

Thank you,
Janet

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts