Sunday, July 29, 2018

Book challenge and a change in the weather

So here's a bit of a change. Charlie the Maine Coon, after weeks and weeks of wanting to be in the garden and staying out for hours came rushing in this morning to complain that there's something
wet pouring from the sky and it has soaked through his fur, making him look like a drowned rat.

Would we please make it stop!

Day 4 of 7: I've accepted a challenge from Ali Williams who is obviously as nosey as I am about the books that people love! Each day for seven days, I will post the cover of a book I love with no explanation (well, maybe a little comment if I feel like saying something!)and no reviews. Each day I'm supposed to invite a friend to join the challenge. I'll pass on the 'tagging' bit of this because I know how sometimes it can be a bit too much to take on something else - but if any friend cares to join in (yes - I really am nosey, just dodging the issue!) the please tag me to let me know so that I can visit your Facebook page and satisfy my curiosity - and maybe collect a few new titles for my mountainous TBR pile - like that is something I really need!
I suppose these are two separate books, but really I can't separate them. The first one (Josephine Tey) led to a lifetime's obsession - which the second one (Sharon Penman) fed as a result.

As a small aside, Sharon Penman also has to get the award of the most courageous and hardworking author who, after the manuscript of this book was stolen from her car, she set to and rewrote the lot of it - all 1248 pages!!😯 It was so worth it.

No comments:

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts