Friday, April 21, 2006

And the winners are . . .

Well, I'm back.

I had a wondeful time both at lunch with my editor and then at the RNA lunch. I met lots of friends and talked and talked and talked . . .

Now I'm trying to catch up and deal with all the emails that arrived while I was away. I've fed the cats, put the first load of washing in the machine, made somthing to eat.

And now it's time to anounce the winners -
Sadly, Kate Hardy didn't win the Romance prize - but I'm sure she'll be so happy to think that everyone voted for her here. The actual winner was Jessica Hart with her Contracted: Corporate Wife. So no one wins that part of the conest!

But Erica James won the Romantic Novel of ther Year Award with Gardens of Delight - so that means that Diane and Ms Creativity won a prize for getting that right. I'll be contacting you both about your prize - which will be your choice of my backlist plus, to celebrate romance writing in general, I'll include an extra title by one of my special freinds and favourite writers - Anne McAllister.

Thanks to everyone who entered - I'm only sorry that no one won the prize for guessing the Romance Prize - and of course I'm disappointed that Kate Hardy's book - but being nominated is such an honour anyway, that none of the 6 finalists should feel anything but very proud of themselves

Winners - I'll be in touch

PS - Ms Creativity - thank you for the lovely comments on the 12 Point Guide To Writing Romantic Fiction. I hope the book does help you towards publication. Good luck with your own writing.

4 comments:

Anne McAllister said...

Welcome back! Sorry Kate didn't win, but kudos to Jessica. Hope you had a great time. Sid emailed daily while you were gone.

Susan Rix said...

Hi Kate,
I don't believe it!! I've actually won something?! That's FANTASTIC NEWS :-). Thanks for running the competition, and thanks for dropping by my blog to let me know I've won. I tried emailing you directly from your website but it didn't give me your email address. May I give you my email address here, so that you can email me directly and I can reply to let you know my address? Sorry to make things so complicated! My email is susan_rix@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks again,
Sue :-)

Anonymous said...

Kate is hiding her light behind a bushel, here - she didn't mention the fact that she met me before the awards and travelled to the Savoy with me and calmed my nerves. She was a complete and utter star (as was the BM, who talked to me about history and got my mind off the anticipation) and it was much, much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

It sounds as though a good time was had by all regardless of whether they won a prize or not. I'm sure it'll be KH's turn one year. I'd be happy just to have a book published, let alone win a prize! I mean, just the fact that they accept a manuscript says something, doesn't it? I suppose what I'm saying is that everybody who writes for HMB has something to be proud of.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts