Saturday, April 29, 2006

A PS to the last post

After writing about Charles Wogan for my previous post, I went searching for anything more I could find on Google - and came up with this

"He was awarded a Baronetcy by James 111 and the Pope conferred on him the title of a Roman Senator .A number of Novels have been written about the escapade including The King across the water [1911] a novel written by Justin Huntly McCarthy a study in a book by J.M.Flood The Life of Chevalier Charles Wogan ,A Soldier of Fortune [1922] Charles wrote a novel about his adventure and then sent his writings to Swift who was unable to find a publisher ."

So I'm following in a family tradition of writing novels set by my who knows how many great-great-great grandfather!

Now that is wierd!


And if anyone ever comes across those books listed here, please let me know! I've tried Bookfinder etc . . ..

1 comment:

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts