Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The sophisticated life . . .

So, after the reality check of what my everyday life is like, today I head for London and a couple of days of actually playing at being a sophisticated Lady Novelist (I always want to add 'That singular anomaly' as in the Noel Coward song).

I have lunch with my editor - and we're supposed to discuss important things like plans for the next few books. Well - there's Sicilian 1 on her desk, Sicilian 2 in my head and that's as far as I go. That will be a short conversation! But I'm sure we'll find plenty of other things to talk about.

Thursday is the Romantic Novel of The Year Awards at the Savoy. Here I'll meet up with so many of my friends and fellow authors - Kate Hardy, Julie Cohen, Penny Jordan, Sharon Kendrick, Sophie Weston, Roger Sanderson, Joanna Maitland . . . And many more editors from Harlequin Mills & Boon. I shall hold Kate Hardy's hand as she's shortlisted for the RNA's Romance Award and will need a little extra support. Wish her luck here !

And I'll be back home again before the clock strikes twelve and I turn into a pumpkin again on Friday. So I'll see you then.

And while I'm gone you can play guess the winners - here are the two shortlists -

The Foster Grant Romantic Novel of The Year Award:

Winds of Honour Ashleigh Bingham Robert Hale
An Eligible Bachelor Veronica Henry Penguin
As the Night Ends Audrey Howard Hodder
Gardens of Delight Erica James Orion
Recipes for a Perfect Marriage Kate Kerrigan Pan Macmillan
The Ship of Brides Jojo Moyes Hodder
True Believer Nicholas Sparks Time Warner



RNA Romance Award Shortlist 200

Lucy Gordon - A Family for Keeps
[Harlequin Mills & Boon Tender Romance]
Kate Hardy - Where the Heart Is
[Harlequin Mills & Boon Medical Romance]
Jessica Hart - Contracted: Corporate Wife
[Harlequin Mills &Boon Tender Romance]
Sharon Kendrick - The Future King's Bride
[Harlequin Mills &Boon Modern Romance]
Valerie Loh - Hannah of Harpham Hall
[My Weekly Story Collection]
Elizabeth Power - Tamed by Her Husband
[Harlequin Mills &Boon Modern Romance]


We'll make it a mini contest - running a book on the winners.

So post your choices in the comments section and if anyone gets both the winners right then I'll give you a prize.

They win - you win - can't say fairer than that.

See you soon.

6 comments:

Diane said...

Well, I have to say Kate Hardy, don't I? And not just because she's my friend. I'll also take a stab at Erica James.

Have a good trip.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love games! They bring out the little kid in me.

Let's see... I'm gonna go for:

* Recipes for a Perfect Marriage Kate Kerrigan
* Kate Hardy - Where the Heart Is

Fingers crossed :)

Susan Rix said...

Hi Kate,
Umm... difficult choices. I am going to go with Erica James for the Foster Grant award, and Kate Hardy for the RNA Award. :-)

PS. May I take this opportunity to say a huge THANK YOU for your 12-Point Guide to Writing Romance... needless to say I am an aspiring Harlequin novelist. This book is helping me with every (painful, lol)step of the way. :-)

Nell Dixon said...

My guesses are Ship of Brides and Where the Heart is.

Danica Favorite said...

I vote for Kate Hardy!!

And I am so extremely jealous of you getting to see everyone!

Anonymous said...

Hijacking t'other Kate's blog here to say thank you for all the votes of confidence. That's really, really sweet. And it's made my morning.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts