Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Celebrating

Thank you so much to everyone who left Get Well messages or sent them privately. The weekend wasn't a lot of fun but by yesterday at least the symptoms were starting to ease.

And then I got some great news that really brightened my day. In fact, if I had enought voice I'd be cheering and singing. As it is, I've been doing the Snoopy dance of joy and smiling a lot.

Because yesterday I discovered on the Romantic Times web site that not only have they give Bedded By The Greek Billionaire 4 1/2 stars but they have also made it one of their Top Picks for November.


I am so thrilled by this. In fact I've achieved a long-held ambition. A l-o-n-g held ambition.

I've had some good reviews from RT, generally pretty respectable. And The Twelve Month Mistress was short-listed for Best Presents in 2005 but I've never achieved that elusive Top Pick for the month.


Now I've finally manged it and Bedded By The Greek Billionaire had a wonderful review as well. The reviews aren't up on the RT site yet, but my lovely friend Holly Jacobs (who got 4.5 stars herself with her fabulous Same Time Next Summer in August ) subscribes to the magazine and she was able to find the review and send it on to me so I can share it with you. (Thanks Hall!)


Seven years after he left in disgrace, Angelos Rousakis is back in London. He'd been attracted to Jessica Marshall but knew she was too young. But she wouldn't leave him alone and when her stepfather found them in what seemed to be a compromising position, Jessica placed the blame on him. Now Jessica's stepfather has died and she learns Angelos is now the owner of the estate. When Angelos sees Jessica he expects to feel triumphant but now wonders if his hate isn't masking something else. Kate Walker's Bedded by the Greek Billionaire (4.5) is a delicious melodrama full of dizzying emotions as the reader goes along with the highs and lows as this couple finds each other again. —Sandra Garcia-Myers


Great isn't it? Thank you RT - and Sandra Garcia Myers - this news has just made my week.

9 comments:

Michelle Styles said...

Well deserved!!!

Hooray for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kate. Can't wait to read it.

Glad to hear that you're feeling better.


Chris.

Margaret Mayo said...

Well done, Kate. I have the book on my TBR pile, can't wait to start it.

priley65 said...

Congrats Kate,

A well deserved review. I'm looking forward to reading the story. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Patricia
Engaged to a Spanish Billionaire

Julie Day said...

Congratulations on the good review. I am sure it's well deserved. Pleased to hear that you are getting better. Sounds as though there is a cold/flu bug going round at the moment. One person here at work had it last week, someone else left early today with it and my team colleague now seems to have it, and I just hope I don't get it. Must be that time of year.

Jan Jones said...

Glad you're feeling better, Kate. And a cyber toast to your good news!

Nell Dixon said...

Glad you feel a little better and congrats on the review!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that news made me smile. Well done lady, and well deserved!

Kate Walker said...

Thank you all so much for your congratulations and comments - they've added to the thrill of this.

Sharing it with friends makes it all so much more special

Kate

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts