Saturday, February 27, 2010

Here Come The Grooms

Kalimera

Nikos here. Nikos Konstantos. I am Kate's groom. No - correction. I am Sadie's groom. I could only ever be Sadie's groom as she is the one woman for me. In spite of everything. But as Kate wrote our story in The Konstantos Marriage Demand then in that way - and that way only - I am also Kate's Groom for the purposes of this contest.

I must ask your forgiveness for my late arrival on this blog. I had other things on my mind. A honeymoon with Sadie being one of them. The most important one. And then there was the week that Kate was away in Wales. The computer was never switched on , the blog never opened up. So I could not come and talk to you then.

No matter, I am here now. Kate says I should tell you something of our story - mine and Sadie's. That you will want to know our story - about that 'marriage demand, ' I am supposed to have made.

But between you and me, I take objection to that 'marriage demand' - I mean - Well, look, read for yourself. Here is what I really said:

'You have my heart, Sadie,' . . .. ‘You have my heart and my love – they are yours forever, no matter what you answer you give. I am yours; there is no other woman in the world for me. What I’m asking is will you be mine. Will you be my wife and help me to put this dreadful feud far behind us, to heal the hurts that it brought, and create a future that is so different, so loving, that there will be nothing but bright days ahead of us.'


Now, I ask you - does that sound like a demand? Oh there might have been other words, other demands before that because our story, Sadie's and mine, goes way back, to a time before our families intervened and things got complicated. Families are complicated and ours more than most. If they had just kept out of things then Sadie and I would have married years ago and those long years of distance and bitterness would never have been, But for me the most important words in our story - the story in our book - are the ones I spoke to Sadie before I could ever ask her to marry me:



‘One thing,’ . . . ‘This feud stops now. Here. It’s over.’

I should have said them before, long before. But I was deceived, ruined and - hell - yes - I was hurting.


And so was Sadie.

We had a lot to get over. A lot of hurts to heal. A lot of lies, deceits and misunderstandings to clear up. There was a time when I thought we'd never make it. But we did. And we had a wonderful wedding on Icaros island to celebrate that fact.


It is no wonder that Romantic Times described our story in this way:


THE KONSTANTOS MARRIAGE DEMAND (4.5) by Kate Walker: As far as Nikos Konstantos is concerned, Sadie used him, humiliated him and then walked out on him -- on what was to be their wedding day no less. Five years later, the tables have been turned. A penniless Sadie has her work cut out for when she approaches Nikos to save her family home. Nikos intends to exact retribution against the woman he still lusts after, but where does his mysterious new bride fit into his plans? Misunderstandings and family betrayals propel this terrifically well-paced and fiery romance to its very rewarding conclusion.

But you can read all about that in the book. It all came out right in the end. As it will for the next guy - some Sicilian called Pietro D'Inzeo that Kate is working with now. He's just at the same stage that I was. Convinced that everything that could go wrong had done. That there is no hope that he and his Marina will be together. Just wait, I've told him. Things will work out. They did for us. I waited far longer than he's having to - but my Sadie was worth it.

Kate tells me she wants to get back to sorting out Pietro (and he needs some sorting out - a man to man talk might help. I may have to offer to give him some advice.) but before I go she say I need to remind you of the whole point of why I'm here - and that is the Here Come the Grooms Contest. The one that features my book, Kal's story and of course Christo's. Because we are the Grooms.
So -
You have three chances to win - one entry at each author's site.

Prizes
And the prizes? There are three sets of books on offer. Each set contains:

Liz's prize - sorry Kal's prize (this is the Grooms' contest after all!) which is the RNA Anthology LOVES ME, LOVES ME NOT (for details see Liz's blog

Anne's - that is, Christo's prize which is ONE-NIGHT MISTRESS...CONVENIENT WIFE

My prize - ie Nikos' prize is THE KONSTANTOS MARRIAGE DEMAND. What else?


To be in the draw you have to send the answers the 3 questions on this and on Anne and Liz's site in an email to all three of them with Here Come the Grooms in the subject line.
And three lucky winners will be drawn to receive a copy of THE KONSTANTOS MARRIAGE DEMAND as well as Liz and Anne's books, The draw will take place on March 1st so you have just a few more days to get your entries in.


Questions
KAL'S QUESTION (from Her Desert Dream by Liz Fielding)
Of which literary character did Kal remind Lydia? (apart from Prince Charming!)

CRISTO'S QUESTION (From One-Night Mistress, Convenient Wife by Anne McAllister)
Why is Natalie staying at her mother's house?

NIKOS'S QUESTION (From The Konstantos Marriage Demand by Kate Walker)
What name did Sadie use so that Nikos would not know his 10 o'clock appointment was her?


The answers to the questions can be found either on the web sites, blogs, or in the first chapter of the books using the 'Browse the Book' feature on these sites and the Mills Boon and eHarlequin sites too.
Send entries - answering all three questions - to each author with Here Come the Grooms in the subject line.
Send Kate an email using this address
Closing Date: March 1st
And good luck
Now I have a honeymoon to get back to.
Yasas,
Nikos

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Nikos is a great groom Kate. He and Sadie are made for each other. Caroline x

Kalil al Zaki said...

Nikos - I hope that we can meet soon, maybe a get together at Umm al Sama with Christo so that our lovely brides can get to know one another? I'll be in touch

Joanne Coles said...

I love this post! Am about three chapters into this story, looking forward to getting back to it.

Will look out for the interview on Monday.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts