Monday, March 01, 2010

Wales, A great interview and last Chance . . . .

Last chance to enter the Here Come the Grooms Contest which closes on March 1st so get your entries in if you want to be in with a chance of winning the three great prizes that are on offer.

Details below or on my Contest Page.



March 1st is St David's Day and as you all know I have a strong connection with Wales - all that teaching in Fishguard, Caerleon - and of course I spent five years of my life in Aberystwyth which is where I met the Babe Magnet - so Happy St David's Day to you all and specially to my Welsh Readers.

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Dedwydd!

The new Managing Director of Harlequin Mills and Boon Mandy Ferguson was interviewed on the Today Programme on Radio 4 on Friday and you can hear the interview here .

I have to admit that I smiled when the interviewer commented that HM&B don't win the Booker prize - or even get short-listed. My answer to that would be that I would far rather have my novels read and enjoyed by the hundreds of thousands of readers who buuy them than have them selected for some rather elitist, high-brow fiction prize. For me the real prize is knowing that my readers love what I write - that's the best sort of prize there is for an author of popular romance.

Oh and if you missed it the first time around, the Presents EXTRA edition of Kept For Her Baby is now on special offer with 20% off with the chance to save an extra $6 on a selection of books over on eHarlequin. Just follow the Shirts and Skins promotion link in the sidebar. No prizes for guessing which 'side' this sexy cover belongs in!

No comments:

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts