Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Advent Calendar Day 3 & Winner Day 2

Today's the Post Office day.  The day when I wrap up  the gifts for my friends and family who live too far away for me to be able to visit and deliver their presents in person over the Christmas holidays and then take them down to the Post Office to let the mail service do that for me. .  As I do this I think of the people I love who are in other countries, even the other side of the world, and I wish I could be going with the packages to their doors.

There are dear family members like my beloved eldest sister over in Australia. The Ofspring's gorgeous  Godmother who now lives in Spain. And then there are the friends I would never have met if it wasn't for the internet and email - dear friend Anne McAllister and my lovely web designer - and maintainer - Heather from HR Web Concepts . And Lee Hyat from Author Sound Relations  whose blog at Tote Bags 'n' Blogs I contribute to each month.  

These are the ones I have to get into the post now while there's still time for delivery for the big day.  There will be a few more parcels sent out  where they're going to the UK and there's more time  to spare for them. 
And then of course there will be  all the Advent Calendar giveaway  that will be sent on their way as soon as I get the addresses to send them to.

So  - yesterday's prize goes to:
SHROPSHIRE LASS

She wins a copy of Sicilian Husband,  Blackmailed Bride -  please send  your postal address so I can sent the books on its way - kater AT kate-walker dot com (or use the link at the bottom of the page. ) PLease ask for a receipt so that you know I've received the email

Today's prize is The Good Greek Wife. This book came out in 2010 and was part of a mini seroes based on the Greek Myths.

The return of the proud Greek husband...
He was declared missing at sea — but now notorious Zarek Michaelis is back and ready to take cont
rol! First he'll see to his business, and then to his wayward wife...
For two years Penny has struggled to come to terms with Zarek's disappearance. But enough is enough. It's time to move on… Her proud Greek husband is still as darkly handsome as ever, and the attraction between them is just as potent. But Penny can't trust Zarek's motives — does he just want her body and the fortune he left behind…or to try again? 


To be in with a chance of winning, just leave a comment - answering this question:

Do you have relatives and friends over seas who you need to send packages to? Is there someone who lives so far away (even in the same country - not many places are as compact as the UK!)  that you'll have to rely on the Post Office to act as Santa  for you?

Who would you love to see on Christmas Day (give me a Tardis and I'd bring my sister,  the Godmother , and Anne McA here like a shot - or I'd go to them.) Will you get in touch with them on Dec 25th no matter what?
I know my phone bill is going to be huge over the festive period!

7 comments:

Laney4 said...

Hey there, Kate!
I am in shock. I haven't read this book yet! Wonders never cease....
We don't send packages to relatives or friends anywhere anymore. Most of our family lives within 45 minutes of our home. Only my two sisters live further away (a 3-hr drive for one, and 2000+ miles for the other), but we no longer exchange gifts (although I'll speak by phone with them both after the big day). I DO send them Christmas cards, though, with my "year in review" in verse. I haven't even started mine yet, so I guess I'd better add that to this week's list. Oops!

Unknown said...

I will be sending my best friend something in mail this year for Christmas since she got married and moved to Texas. This will be my first time sending someone a package in the mail.
I would love to see my friend on Christmas but that will not happen for she will be spending Christmas in Texas but I will either talk to her, send a text, or message her on facebook. But either way I will make sure that I get her gift out to her.
Thank you for the giveaway and Merry Christmas!

Eli Yanti said...

I have a friend lived in Netherlands and want to send her package but she always don't want to accept anything because the shipping cost issue. And I want to meet my cousin, really miss him.

Kirsten said...

Not me personally, but a friends daughter lives in France. They visit them for Christmas & I always think it must be SO incredibely romantic: Christmas in Paris :D

Mary Preston said...

I don't have any relatives overseas, but we are spread out all over the country. There are SO many of us that we restrict gifts to immediate family now. (I reckon that we could actually populate a small country.)

We tend to catch up throughout the year as much as possible.

Misty Shaw said...

We always send my husbands Uncle something at Christmas although he lives in Northern Ireland (as does the rest of his extended family) we have to rely on the post office getting it to him on time. As for my mum we go and see her or she comes to us at Christmas so we always take her presents and Christmas cards with us.

bn100 said...

No, not really

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts