Monday, April 20, 2009

All About Alphas 4 - Sandra Marton

This is the bit where I have to hope that my pre-posting works.

As I've mentioned, my plans changed dramatically about this coming week. I thought I would be tied to my desk catching up with everything, doing my accounts, sorting things out - and posting Alpha blogs everyday.


Instead of which I'm over the sea in Ireland, probably, as you read this, driving down to Connemara with the lovely Abby Green. I'm posting the blogs in the hope that one will appear every day but as I have also hit another snag - namely that Blogger has decided that I am a Spam Blog!! - I'm not sure what will happen. But I'll keep my fingers crossed and I'll try to check in when I can in the hope of setting any problems right if they appear.
Anyway, the plan is to leave you in the capable hands of some of the wonderful writers who know what writing Alpha heroes is all about.

So - starting where that Mills & Boon checklist started - with the M&B Modern/Presents hero - let's hear from one of the stars of the Presents line-up. Sandra Marton


Thank you so much Sandra for giving me your thoughts on this topic. If there's anyone who ought to know about writing the Presents Alpha then it's Sandra.

Here's what she has to say:
How to describe the Presents hero? It isn’t easy. Use the words “gorgeous,
assertive, powerful, rich” and it’s far too simple to make him sound
one-dimensional. He is anything but that. He is a complex man and his complexity
is what makes him so fascinating.

Does he seem hard-hearted? Maybe, but
there’s always a reason, a good reason, to explain it. Does he seem removed,
even cold? Again, if he is, there’s bound to be a cause. Does he have a
dangerous edge? A man like him would, don’t you think? After all, he hasn’t
gotten where he is in life by strolling through a field of daisies. He’s a man
with a history. A background. He is who he is because of a series of events and
even if those events aren’t delineated in his particular book, hints as to what
helped shape him surely are.

Some might call him arrogant. Not I. What I
see is a supremely self-confident man. He controls his world. Nothing can shake
it… but, of course, something will. A woman. One very special woman. And once he
meets her, his life will never again be the same.

He’ll do whatever it
takes to bed her because sex is vital to him. He’s a man who likes women, enjoys
being with them, knows how to be an out-of-this-world lover. But being in love,
admitting to it? That’s different. It’s probably the one thing that terrifies
him, though he’d never admit it. A man in love is not a man in control of his
feelings. That realization will shake him to the core.

Still, not even
he will be able to deny his feelings forever and when he finally admits he wants
that one special woman, not just now but for all time, watch out! He’ll move
heaven and earth to win her and keep her… and that will bring into play all
those sexy qualities that make him the man he is, a man women everywhere adore.



Sandra's latest novel is the lead title that opens the brand new Continuity - The Royal House of Karedes. Sandra's book is titled Billionaire Prince, Pregnant Mistress and it is out in May in the UK and in July in Presents in America.

Here's a blurb to tempt you:

Wanted for her body – and her baby!Aspiring New York jewellery designer Maria Santo, proud but poor, has come to Aristo to win a royal commission. Cold, calculating and ruthless, Prince Alexandros Karedes masterfully beds Maria, thinking she’s nothing but a gold-digger, sleeping with him to save her business. Then he has her thrown off the island, back to the slums where she belongs! So when Alexandros discovers Maria’s fallen pregnant he assumes it’s on purpose. She’ll never be a suitable wife, but she’s perfect mistress material. What will it take for this billionaire prince to realise he’s falling in love with his pregnant mistress…?

1 comment:

lidia said...

Will have to keep my eye out for Sandra's book. I have enjoyed reading many of them over the years.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts