Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Where is everything?

There are times when I wish that I'd never started on this office revamp thing. It's created such chaos and unpheaval that I'm constantly losing things I just found and finding things I didn't know I'd lost and losing things I need and finding things I don't need . . .

Which is why – as you may have noticed – that I haven’t yet posted any part of the first ‘book’ I ever wrote – I can’t find it! It’s in here somewhere under a pile of other papers – or filed somewhere – or under a cat . . . under two cats . . .

And then of course Monday got slightly hijacked by Hugh – or should that be Hughjacked?
And the organisation I’d created got unorganised because I bought some more bookshelves and things had to be redone as I moved the books off the old bookshelves . . . You had to be here to believe it.
So – while I’m trying to restore order again - a couple of things –

1. If you remember I mentioned an article about Breaking the Rules – all about those fictitious ‘rules’ that are supposed to be etched in stone for the would-be romance writer. The whole article is now posted at the We Write Romance site – so if you want to read it in full, you can find it here. You might like to take a look around the site while you’re there - there’s plenty going on.


2. In a comment on my post about The Blob, Saskia asked an interesting question that I thought I’d answer here on the blog rather than just tucking it away in the ‘Comments’ section.

So I'll answer that in my next post - back soon!

3 comments:

Susan Rix said...

Thanks for the link to the WWR site. I enjoyed reading your article, and I've learned a new phrase IAITE (It's All In The Execution).

I hope you get your office back to normal soon.
Sue :-)

Anonymous said...

Your office sounds much like my house on a good day!

Kate Walker said...

Sue - I'm glad you found the article useful. And the IAITE phrase is one coined by the M&B editors in a discussion thread on eharlequin - and it always always applies

sharon - that description of my office sounded like the way my office always was before this revamp - I just want to make sure this time it will be different . . . Well, I can try! I had to move another cat to get to the keyboard

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts