Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Courses and such

I'm inundated  - more than usual - at the moment.  Normally wyhen I'm heading for Fishguard Writers' And Artists'  Weekend in  February, I already have most of the teaching prepared and grab my  box of handouts etc and head for the Welsh Coast.

This time it's the new Advanced Romance Writing Course so there is a whole new course to prepare - and   the submissions from each of the students to read and comment on. (And it would have helped A LOT if the post  hadn't lost two scripts on their way here!)

I should also mention  that I've had a question from  Jane over on Facebook who as asked a great quesiton about voice  - I'll hope to post an answer to that so everyone can   see the answer too.

So while I'm sorting that out,  for anyone else who wants to learn more about writing and won't be coming to Fishguard,  I'll leave you with the link to a great post. If you don't already know this,  Harlequin  Romance wrtiter  Donna Alward is running a regular Writing Wednesday spot each week. Today's post is  titled  Only at the End Can We See the Beginning - and it's well worth a read. You can find it here

And  Happy Birthday greetings go to Michelle Styles  whose special day is today.

PS  Thank you to everyone who commented on yesterday's post both here and on Facebook - I'm so happy to find that it cheered up so many  of you. I've been told that Monday 24th January is supposed to be the hardest, most depressing day to get through so I'm glad that I was able to add a day brightener to follow it

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to Donna's blog...I've bookmarked it. Looks like great stuff.

Valerie
in Germany

Nas said...

Looking forward to your answer to the "voice" question.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts