Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Take that X!

Well they say that living well is the best revenge.

And selling well must be a pretty good revenge too - specially a revenge on people who tell me I need to write better books!!

Today the Waldenbooks listing for the Top 10 best selling series romances has been announced and The Italian's Forced Bride is at #2 on the list.

And at the same time a friend sent me a copy of the eHarlequin Newsletter and there's a listing of the Top 10 eHarlequin.com Staff Picks. And guess what's at #2 on that list as well!

So having deleted X's snipy letter and put it right put of my mind, I'm sitting here with a smile on my face that even a nasty virus with a headache/earache and sore throat can't drive away. Thousands of other readers obviously have a very different opinion.

A great big thank you to everyone who has bought a copy of the book to create this great result.

Of course it's not even February yet . And Alice, the Bride from The Italian's Forced Bride, would like me to remind you that the HERE COME THE BRIDES contest has just 1 more day to run. The contest closes on February 1st. All the details you need for this are here.

And the HERE COME THE GROOMS contest is still open until February 10th. The details for entry and the questions to answer to win what Domenico and his fellow grooms will point out is the bigger prize can be found here. And the answers to all the questions can be found by checking out the blogs - mine, Anne McAllister's and Liz Fielding's - over the past couple of weeks.

5 comments:

Maria, Lover of All Things Romance said...

Good for you Kate, I'm punching my fist in the air for you, congratulations. It's well deserved!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!Yippee!! Sales don't lie!! I hope reader X is skulking suitably somewhere in shame.
I devoured the The Italian's Forced Bride as soon as I got my grubby hands on it. Intense, emotional, twists, secrets - wonderful. A piece of writing to aspire to as a newbie that's for sure. Without giving anything away to those who haven't finished the book yet, I fell in love with 'Dom' and my heart bled for Alice (double plus hankies).
Just one thing though Kate: My local WH Smith had the other two 'brides' (Santorini and Valentine) on the shelves today but I couldn't find yours. Sold out already? Surely not?!!!
Best wishes,
Rach.
(Hampshire UK)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kate, well deserved.
Darn I should rush out to Walmart and pick up a copy of your book which I didn't buy yesterday because I'd already bought it when we were in Fishguard together. That might have put you in the number one spot :)

Chris.

Anna Louise Lucia said...

Congratulations, Kate! Go you!

Kate Walker said...

Thank yo all!

Maria - I punched my fist in the air too. It's great news. I'mm thrilled

Rachel I have to admit I was tempted to let X know that a lot of other readers didn;t feel the way she did. I'm so gladf you loved Dom - he;s one of my special favourites. And I made you cry! Another one to add to my list.

I answered your query about the lack of my books on the shelves on my blog - but basaically you;re a moneht early! My next one is March

Ah Chris, if only that one sale woudl have made all the difference - but I think I needed a few more books to be bought. But thank you anyway. I was thinking of Fishguard only the other day - and smiling at the memory!

Anna thank you so much. I'm smiling at the thrill of it. ANd it's great to share it with dear friends

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts