Thursday, April 05, 2007

Adios Raul . . .

And so goodbye to Raul my sexy Spanish hero. He has declared his love for his heroine, set a date for his wedding (tomorrow actually - but then that was already arranged!) and now he's wandered off into his happy ever after.

Well, no - he's actually gone by email to my lovely editor's desk so that she can read him, hopefully fall in love with him, maybe tweak him a little (I've told him it won't hurt) and send him out into the world of publication as The Spaniard's Something or Other Wife/Bride or even Mistress. We shall see.

I'll miss him. I won't miss the times he fought with me. The times he said 'I'm not doing that!' or 'I wouldn't say that!'

Actually, those weren't so bad. It was the times that he said. 'I'm not moving. I don't want to do that. I don;t want to say anything!' That were the real trouble. But I think he came good in the end. He even told me a story about a old hollow tree trunk that I never knew anything about - not until this morning, The imagination is an amazing thing.

So I'm in this wierd situation. I need to fall in love again and I don't know who I'm going to fall inlove with. Not another Spaniard, that's for sure. The last guy (Andreas ) was Greek - and of course there are those sexy Sicilian Brothers Guido and Vito Cprsentino launching themselves on the world right at this moment in Sicilian Husband, Blackmailed Bride and the upcoming The Sicilian's Red-Hot Revenge. Hmmm -- Italian, anyone? Or an Englishman?

It - or rather, he - will come to me some time - soon, I hope. But in the meantime I can take a break and enjoy myself - and I'm going to read and fall in love with lots of other writers' heroes. I have plenty of choice - you should see the size of my TBR pile!!

But first I think I need to sleep . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done with sending off Raul Kate!
It's going to be a good holiday weekend weather wise, so how about having a luxury readfest in the garden , far away from your cell?
I'd love to know what you decide on reading(incredibly nosy I know!). Perhaps you could tell us later what you've enjoyed?
Have a wonderful break,
Rach.

Michelle Styles said...

Hooray on finishing.

Now you can relax and enjoy Easter knowing Raul is safely tucked up.

Liz Fielding said...

Glad to see you finally nailed the Spaniard, Kate. Have a good trip, and, oh, at least two days rest before you're off on the trail of your next great story.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts