Monday, November 12, 2007

Back . . .

I'm back . . . just!

The journey was pretty horrendous - crawling queues that meant we took hours longer to get home. But we're here now - and I need a stiff tea and a series of head butts and purrs from Sid before I feel human again.


I did have an internet connection at Fishguard - but no time to use it. I was too busy teaching or eating great food or having fun and talking, talking talking . . .


It was wonderful to see Writers' Holiday organisers lovely Anne And Gerry Hobbs again, to meet up with my great co-tutor Lesley Horton who was teaching the Crime Fiction course - and of course my students. A small but enthusiastic group who were so keen to learn and asked so many questions I could barely keep up with them. A group like that makes it fun as well as work - so, Rachael, Frances, Brenda, Kate and Nigel - thank you all for making it easy for me.



I'll be back to chat as soon as I can but if you head over to The Pink Heart Society blog today, you'll find that in my role as a Pink Heart Columnist I'm talking about one of my favourite sources of inspiration and the man behind a couple of my own personal favourite heroes in Male on Monday.

3 comments:

Anne McAllister said...

Welcome back! Glad you had such a good time. Sorry the trip home was not the best.

Loved the column on Pierce as your Male on Monday guy. Ah, inspiration.

lidia said...

Welcome back Kate! It's Tuesday and I just read this. I went over to "The Pink Heart Society" -- loved your piece about Pierce -- as you could tell from my post there.

Your Greek is in my TBR pile -- hope to get to him soon!

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Welcome back, Kate. I bet Sid has parked himself on your lap. :D

Hugs, JJ

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts