Saturday, March 29, 2008

Another sold out and an upcoming event

I had a great thrill yesterday when a reader wrote to let me know that my November book The Greek Tycoon's Unwilling Wife has a big Sold Out sticker across it over on eHarlequin.com. I went to check and it's true. It's an amazing feeling to know that a book had sold out. So with that and the first edition of the 12 Point Guide to Writing Romance being sold out too, I'm feeling pretty happy right now.


I understand that Amazon and Barnes and Noble on line still have some copies of TGTUW so if you missed out on a copy, you can still find it there.

This weekend is totally devoted to Santos and hopefully getting him to his happy ever after (you didn't think writing was an 'office hours' job did you?) but before I roll my sleeves up and get down to sorting him out, I thought I'd give those of you who are in the UK advance warning of a couple of events that are coming up if you live anywhere near Lincoln.


The Lincoln Book Festival is getting together with Mills & Boon to help them celebrate their 100th birthday and I've been helping them organise the two events for this that are part of the Festival which runs from May 9th - 18th this year.

Both of these events are on Saturday May 17th, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.

The first of these is a workshop that I'm giving to launch the second edition of the 12 Point Guide.
Start time: 2pm - 4pm
Location: Lincoln Drill Hall
Admission cost: £6/£4

The second is an evening event and for this I will be joined by several of my friends who also write romance for a Question and Answer, discussion and book signing. Here's what the official Book Festival programme says about this:



100 Years of Romancing Readers
Start time: 6pm - 7.30pm
Join in the festival's celebration of 100 years of Mills and Boon and meet romance authors Kate Walker, Trish Wylie, Natasha Oakley and Kate Hardy.

Location: Lincoln Drill Hall
Admission cost: £5/£3


Full details of both these events can be found here and if you want further details about the Lincoln Book Festival itself then al the details are here.

Maybe I'll see some of you there?

No comments:

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts