Friday, August 08, 2008

I'm back . . .

I think.

Blame it on the jet lag, the 21 hour journey back from San Francisco to home, via Heathrow. There was one point when we were flying down the middle of the UK when we realised that we were really only a few miles form home - if we could just jump from the plane with our cases! But we had to go all the way down to London, to Heathrow.

Then get across London from Heathrow to Kings Cross

Then get on another train all the way back up to Lincolnshire . . .

So when we finally made it home I crashed out and slept - and slept - and then by the time I'd appeased 3 cats who claimed they had been abandoned, dealt with the umpacking and the laundry (can anyone tell me why the unpacking takes so long - and there seems to be far more than you ever took with you to take out of the suitcase?) - then there were the urgent emails, the important emails, the not so important emails . .

Anyway, I've made it back to my blog as well. And now I need to catch up. I also need to put up a blog that I though would post while I was away - but it didn't. Darn it!

So while I'm compiling a photo diary of all the fun I had in San Fancisco and all the wonderful people I met there, I'll post this blog - then I'll root out the one that should have posted last week while I was away, and I'll get that to post too - and hopefully we'll be back in business.

And you'll be able to have all the info on the brand new Tote Bag of Books Contest . . . .

But before then I have to wish a very very Happy Birthday to my lovely friend Holly Jacobs. I managed to meet up with her in SF and spend a bit of time talking with her - but not enough.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've done that flight from SFO both working and as a passenger and it seems endless,I know. I also know what it's like to have to make another long journey at the end of it, so I feel for you both.

Good to have you back safe and sound. Also looking forward to hearing all about the conf.

Chris.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts