Monday, September 21, 2009

Writing holidays and such

Sharon Martin says it's all my fault. Well, I suppose I have to take the blame seeing as I'm the one who agrees to do all the events in the first place - and then I write about them on here and people read about them and . . .


So in the comments yesterday, Sharon said:

It's all your fault Kate. Well at least I think it's your fault as it can't possibly be mine. There I was just casually browsing the internet when I chanced upon a link to a writing holiday. Sounds like fun I thought. Wonder what that's about I pondered.One completed booking form later and an Amazon order for your 12 point guide and here I am, embarking on a new career!Thank you for a wonderful blog which is clearly inspirational as I am now over £400 poorer than I was last week. Wish me luck and I'll see you in Newport.


What can I say in return? Well - first of all, thank you Sharon! For buying the 12 Point Guide and thank you from Writers' Holidays for booking a place on next year's event. You'll have fun, I know you will. I always do - and I go there to 'work' (OK I have fun too!)

And you'll enjoy the food. Only last week at the AMBA lunch, I was talking to Gill (Roger) Sanderson and when the name Caerleon came up his immediate response was 'They feed you wonderfully there!'

I don't know what the Babe Magnet and I would do in the summer if we didn't go to Caerleon. And we're already looking forward to going again next summer. This time we have some special plans to introduce a very special friend and writer to this great conference - more on that when I know the details are finalised.

But thinking about Caerleon remind me that I haven't brought you all up to date with the courses, workshops etc that I'm doing in the coming year. I know they are all listed on the Events page on my web site but they get more notice on here and I know that Carol W didn't know about the Calderdale Writers' Roadshow until I blogged about it . Now she's booked up for a session with my husband!


And the Calderdale event is the first one -
CALDERDALE WRITING DAYS
Event: One to one sessions in the morning. I',m meeting writers and talking to them about their work

Workshop: My husband Stephen Wade will be running a workshop on Writing the Past 1-3pm
Date: Saturday 10 October
Venue: Halifax Central Library Northgate Halifax HX1 1UN
E-mail: libraries@calderdale.gov.uk Telephone: 01422 392630


BARNSLEY CENTRAL LIBRARY
Event: A Day of Crime and Passion in Barnsley Library


I will be talking about writing Romance and working for Harlequin Mills & Boon. My husband Stephen Wade will be talking about his True Crime books as well — one of us in the morning and one in the afternoon.
Date: Wednesday October 14th
Times: 10-12 am and 2-4 pm.
Venue:Barnsley Central Library Shambles St Barnsley, S70 2JF
Telephone: 01226 773911



FISHGUARD WRITING WEEKEND
Event: Weekend Residential Writing Course
Course – Writing Modern Romance
Dates: 19 – 21st February 2010
Venue: Fishguard Bay Hotel Quay Road Goodwick Fishguard Pembrokeshire SA64 0BT
Cost: £209

This Writing Weekend is run by the same fabulous people who run Caerleon Writers' Holidays and you can find the details of both events here.

RESIDENTIAL TRAINING




Event: a two day residential course on Writing Romance held in the beautiful surroundings of New Place Shirrell Heath, Southampton.

Dates: 24th - 25th April 2010



Venue: New Place, Shirrell Heath Southampton Hampshire SO32 2JH

Cost: £285 – includes 10 hours of training, double room, all meals, tea and coffee, internet and use of swimming pool/gym
Further details can be found here




WRITERS’ HOLIDAY AT CAERLEON
25th July - 30th July 2010
Once again I’ll be going back to one of my favourite places and taking part in the Writers’ Holiday at Caerleon 2010.
I will be teaching a five part course on The 12 Point Guide to Writing Romance.

Further details and booking forms can be found here: http://www.writersholiday.net/
Cost: £399
Book online and save £10!
I've also had enquiries in the last week from Sheffield libraries and Walsall libraries about talks on romance or Crime and Passion events so watch for details on those.

And for the would-be writers out there, specially the ones who are planning on entering the Harlequin Presents Writing Competition 2009 - then make a note in your diearies for a very special event coming this week.

Wednesday, Sept 23rd, 11am EDT eHarlequin.com is hosting a live chat for you! The editors are coming to you to give you plenty of time to get your questions answered and your submissions in, so don't miss this chance!

You can find all the details here and if you miss the chat then a transcript will be posted later. So if you have questions, why not post them now - and log on to join in the chat on Wednesday.


And Sharon, I'll see you in Newport, Carol and Joanne in Halifax - and Rachel in Southampton!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Can't wait, Kate!

Lots of love,

Rach.
XXX

Unknown said...

Thanks for all that info Kate. I do forget to look at your events diary, will try and remember in future. I have not heard back from Calderdale yet, but fingers crossed

Lacey Devlin said...

You're a bad influence Kate :D

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts