Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Writing Around the World

Yesterday was a crazy day - there was a rush of comments to answer over on the I Heart Presents blog. So many had been caught up in moderation over the weekend and were released when Canada woke up on Monday morning. They all needed to be answered.

And then there was the great excitement of the announcement of the winner of the New Voices contest (Congratulations again Leah!)


And then (my editor will like this best) a book that I had been struggling with suddenly decided to be more cooperative . . .


And so I forgot to mentin that as part of the So You Think You Can Write Editorial Week blog over on EHarlequin, I had been asked to contribute a blog to special section for the week called Writing Around The World. As I understand it, I'm one of only two Presents authors who have been asked to contribute to the Editorial Weeek and so I was honoured to be part of it. I specially loved being able to write about Writing Around the World as I have so many wonderful readers in so many countries. Only this morning I had a notificatin that my blog has had 126,400 visitors from 155 different countries!



You are all so welcome - and I'm really glad you come to visit. Writing for Harlequin Presents is truly an international experience - and that's what my blog is about on Eharlequin.com. If you'd like to read more then you can find it here .


And I know that the 25th anniversary contest winners have to be chosen - but Sid The Cat was busy yesterday with another giveaway - from the I Heart Presents blog - and as I said there's this book . . .


But watch this space!


Oh and Jo who commented on my blog yesterday that it was a pity SYTYCW isn't open to UK residents - is that the case? I haven't had a chance to go and check - see the above! - but from my experience of EHarlequin and their boards they are truly international. You just need to be a member of the Community - so easy to sign up for. I often chat with lots of people - and authors - from the UK in different places on that site. Will double check if I get a minute but I think a lot of it will be available to all.

PS - Thanks to Nas who commented already this morning (thanks so much Nas!) - to clarify SYTYCW IS open to all - here's what Nas said:

It was clarified in the forums that SYTYCW is indeed international. There was some misunderstanding regarding the contest rules but its cleared now.

So I hope lots of you will join in and gain a lot from it.

1 comment:

Nas said...

It was clarified in the forums that SYTYCW is indeed international. There was some misunderstanding regarding the contest rules but its cleared now.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts