Sunday, January 14, 2007

In Dublin's fair city . . .


. . . Where the BM would definitely agree that the girls - lots of them - are so pretty - I had a wonderful time.

Abby Green is a delightful, generous and warm hostess. She gives a fabulous party - and all her friends and family are welcoming and delightful too!
I've talked myself hoarse, laughed myself silly, eaten rather too much, drunk a little wine, remet loved friends, made new ones, and reacquainted myself with the city that both my parents called home at some point in their lives and that I loved to visit as a child and a teenager.

Oh yes - and I had the thrill, the delight and honour to meet a very famous and world renowned lady writer whose books I have enjoyed for years and whose prescence at the party made it an extra special moment for me.

I'll report more later but for now, here's a picture that sums up the lovely celebration it was.
Happy Happy Book Launch, Abby - I wish you every success, you so deserve it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate, it was SO lovely to have you and the BM there. I had great pleasure in introducing you and your 51st book success, people are still talking to me about that! They were all very impressed. Annie, such a pity you couldn't have been there, Australia is just too far!
x Abby

Unknown said...

Great picture Kate. Dublin is a fabulous city and I can see you having a ball!
I met Daisy at the RNA winter do and she was full of beans so I know you had a great time.

Anne McAllister said...

The pic is wonderful -- and Abby/Daisy has sent me several more. So I can see clearly that a good time was had by all!

Will post some of hers on my blog later today!

Unknown said...

Not fair that we all couldn't celebrate and all be together. However, Annie, Anne, myself and all other fans of Daisy's wish her the best!

Daisy, you really need to get a blog and website!

We love you and wish you the best with this incredible book!

Kate Walker said...

Annie - I wish you could have been there too. You would have loved it. But we know you were there in spirit.

Abby - the pleasure was all mine. You throw a wonderful party and I loved the excuse to get back to Dublin.

LIz - Yes it was a fabulous time - and Daisy is a wonderful hostess.

Anne - There are plenty of pics flying around and so hopefully everyone will see what a great night it was. Desrvedly so

Marilyn it would have been wonderful if we could all celebrate together - if only we could cyber-travel as well as cyber communicate. And yes, I've told Abby she needs a site and a blog!

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts