Thursday, January 25, 2007

Tall dark and handsome . ..

No - not Raul, my hero - though he is of course - but Uffa.

Remember Uffa? I blogged about him back in September. Uffa is the Guide dog puppy I'm sponsoring. This picture of him is when he was a small puppy, just 6 weeks old.(He was born in June)

Today I got my first Pupdate on Uffa's progress. And obviously he's grown. He's now just over 6 mopnths old and he's at that leggy, big-footed stage just before he matures into a fullly grown dog.

His puppy walker, Carol, describes him as a big softy. I think he looks gorgeous. I'd like to say a special thank you to Caril and all other puppy walkers like our own Historical Romance writer Nicola Cornick who do such a wonderful job looking after these fabulous and invaluable dogs.

And a special Hi! to Mags who used to have Lucas as her sponsored puppy but he has now grown up and is fully trained. So now Mags shares sponsorship of Uffa with me. We are both romance novelists and joint foster mums of this lovely creatue. So how appropriate that he is so tall dark and handsome.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snap, Kate!! I had my first pupdate on the delicious Uffa in the morning post, too. He's looking splendid, isn't he? Very sleek and leggy. It was wonderful to see Lucas grow from puphood to full working dog with his new owner and I am so looking forward to following Uffa's journey and sharing it with you, too.

Love,
Mags

Kate Walker said...

Hi Mags - I thought of you when I opened my mail this morning. Uffa has grown into a lovely dog hasn't he? And I love the fact that we are both his sponsors - it makes him more special to share him with a writing friend

love

Kate

Anonymous said...

I so admire the people who look after baby Guide dogs. We have quite a few here as we have a trainer and so I see the puppies walking about town with their blue Learner coats on. Uffa is lovely and so are his sponsors!!!

Anne McAllister said...

What a gorgeous chap Uffa is! He is definitely a tall, dark and handsome hero. I will be waiting for heroes called Uffa from each of you now.

Anonymous said...

Oh, GORGEOUS dog!

And I agree with 2paw and Anne. :o)

Kate Walker said...

He is beautiful isn;t he - and the fact that he has such a lovely nature makes him even more special.

Cindy - I admire the puppy walkers too - they are the first influence on the dog and they help mould his character and behaviour so much. I love to see them out training - here they wear yellow coats. The thing I couldn't do is to give up a lovely dog when I'd looked after him and learned to love him - but of course they have to do that or there would be no guide dogs.

And thank you for the lovely compliment

Hmm, Anne - a hero called Uffa . . . that's a bit tricky. Let me think about that. This Uffa looks a bit like Gunnar doesn't he - but of course he's *not* Gunnar - there is only one Gunnar the Great. Give him a treat from me

I knew you'd love him, T'other Kate! Say Hi to Byron for me and give him a tummy rub.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts