Monday, January 22, 2007

Never mind the Spaniard . . .

Ciao
Domenico here again. I suppose I have to take charge, seeing as Kate is busy with some Spaniard who is occupying her thoughts!

I thought that, as mia bella Alicia has reminded our author that she should be talking about our book - and Kate is somewhat preoccupied - I would tell you a little about our story - mine and Alicia's.
(And now that you have seen her do you wonder that I lost my heart to her? She turned my life upside down, made me rethink so many assumptions. She even . . .But no, you will have to read the book to find out.)

Alicia says you would like to know a little more about the book - so here's what it says on the back:

"As long as I want you, you stay — and you only leave when I give you permission to go."

Alice Howard spent six passionate months as Domenico Parrisi's mistress. But she knew he would never love her back and would soon discard her — so she left him.

But now Domenico wants her back in his bed, and his terms of possession are the same as before — until he makes a discovery that changes everything: Alice is carrying his child.


OK, si I admit, I did say that. But I had never wanted her to go in the first place. And they're damn right I wanted her back; even before I knew she was gravidanza. I had my reasons . . . reasons you're going to have to read the book to find out.


This morning a new review of the book arrived for Kate so I have decided that I will post it for her:

Kate Walker is a gem to be treasured. I can always count on her books to be emotionally satisfying, no matter what mood I am in. Ms. Walker’s heart pounding delivery of her plot begins immediately. Her characters are vibrant. They invited me into their story and held me there until the very last page.

Alice was in trouble. She left Domenico for many reasons. The most important one was to protect her heart. She knew Domenico would never fall in love with her. His type never let emotions enter the relationship. Only now, she was forced to write him a letter asking him to call her. She desperately needed his help.

Domenico was furious. Alice just disappeared from his life one day. The note she left stated their relationship was not fun anymore. He disagreed. He still hungered for her. He was the one who was supposed to be in control of their liaison, not her. Failing to find where Alice fled too, he took advantage of the letter he received requesting he called her. He was able to find her now and he was getting her back in his bed.

Alice should have known Domenico would reappear in her world. Why she thought he would be happy with calling her, she did not know. All she knew was she did not want to face him again. If he touched her, would she go up in flames? Can she fight both his controlling tendencies and her all-consuming attraction to him? Domenico was going to make sure she could not. Flames ignite almost instantly between them. He is sure Alice is his again. However, after finding out why she needed him after months apart, he is not as in control as he thought.

The Italian’s Forced Bride should be on your shopping list. I found it impossible to put down. My emotions swung back and forth just like Alice’s and Domenico’s. Their story is forceful and sensational. As I write this review, trying to find the perfect words to describe this book, the ones that keep repeating themselves are heart pounding love and conflict. They seem inadequate to convey the perfection of this story but they do stand out the most in my mind. Buy the book, enjoy the book. I know you will.

Kim Swiderski
Writers Unlimited reviewer


"Heart pounding love and conflict" - I think that sums up my relationship with Alicia pretty well. If you want to know how Kate ended that conflict and brought us to a happy ending - well, the book is out next week.

Meanwhile, Max has discovered where the Brides are - in some spa in Irlanda. I think it is time that I went to fetch my Alicia so that we can start our true luna di miele

But first I should remind you that the HERE COME THE GROOMS contest is still running - you have until February 10th to enter that. You can find the details of the questions by scrolling down to here on this blog.


And - I promised my Alicia that I would also remind you that mia sposa and her friends have their own ladylike contest - HERE COME THE BRIDES Details of how to enter are on Kate's website or Anne, or Liz's websites. You have until February 1st to enter that - after which Alicia will have no time to concentrate on anything but mi!

5 comments:

Anne McAllister said...

Wonderful review, Kate! And it's fascinating to read Domenico's blog now. He's almost visibly mellowing under the spell of Alice's love. I wish him the best in February.

And Martha is home already. Couldn't stay away, Theo says!

Kate Walker said...

Playground monitor -

No matter how many times I tell it to, Blogger just will not publish your comments so I'm copying them here!

Kate

From Playground Monitor:
Hi Kate! I'm a member of the Hood and just wanted to pop in and say hello. And oh my gosh, wasn't that tango in "Take the Lead" just yummy? My hubby and I were taking ballroom classes last year when that movie came out. We'd just learned the tango (not that well, however -- just beginners) and that inspired us to want to do better.

Jennifer Y. said...

Great review!

Anonymous said...

Great review, Kate!

The Hoods are cheering for your many successes!

By the way, thanks for dedicating AT THE SHEIKH'S COMMAND to The Hoods! We had a grand time writing with you for eHarlequin's Writing Round Robin. "Stolen by the Sheikh" was a blast!

Anne :-)

Kate Walker said...

Hi Nancy - how's the arm? Healing up I hope. It's a great review isn;t it? I hope you'll love Domenico

And Anne - I hope Theo's behaving himself. Yes, these Alpha Males are all mellowing now they have their loves with them. Good luck to you and Theo too in Feb - not forgetting Liz and Max


I just realised why Playground Monitor's post didn't register here - it was a comment on a previous post! Duh!!

Thanks Jennifer.

And Anne - how great to see another of the Hoods here. I was happy to dedicate At The Sheikh's Command to the Hoods. Working on Stolen By The Sheikh was so much fun - and inspirational. As you wrote that story, the other Sheikh story was growing in my mind. So that's why I dedicated it to you

Kate

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts