Monday, April 03, 2006

Back


So I'm back . . . (obviously!) And to prove it here is a picture of Julie at her book launch party.



The BM and I had a wonderful timeI had a wonderful time - but who would have thought that 2 days away would have created so much catching up to do!

The launch party was great fun - Julie looked every inch the glamorous author, and a real star. - which she is She wore a wonderful black crochet dress with one of those 'secret' flesh coloured linings and the most sparkly pair of gold stillettos in the world. (The Dress theme was sparkly )

The BM went around with a smug smile on his face as he was surrounded by beautiful women. A horde of editors turned up. I met my new editor and loved talking to her. We ate popcorn and chocolate covered raisins and drank - - - a little champagne!

Oh, and the faces of Julie's friends from the staff from her school as she read 'Go Fish' from Being A Bad Girl (her second book) were a picture. I don't think they'd quite realised what her books are like! If you haven't picked one up yet, then you're in for a treat.

I have one problem with Reading - but it's a big one - too many shops!! Apart from the thrill of seeing my books on the shelves in a big WHSMiths - I actually watched a woman choosing my book and take it to the counter! ( that thrill - it never goes away!) But there are other shops - result? One trench coat, one handbag, a couple of skirts, two tops and a sparkly cardigan. Well, the dress code for the party did say 'sparkly' and I decided that the top I was planning to wear wasn't sparkly enough!!

And then the BM hit the secondhand bookshops. . .

Did I say I had a great time?

If you want more pictures check out Julie's Blog where you can find lots of them.

So now I have to remember what my Sicilian is up to and persuade him to co-operate after a few days of ignoring him. And get back to work

5 comments:

Anne McAllister said...

Welcome back! Thanks for posting the pic of Julie, who looks like she's having the time of her life. And thanks for the link to her blog for more pix. Obviously a good time was had by all.

Have fun with the Sicilian! Get lots done.

cheers,
Anne

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful time both at the party and in the shops. I can't imagine what it must feel like to see somebody actually buy one of your books. Good luck with the Sicilian - I hope he didn't sulk too much. ~Sharon J

Danica Favorite said...

So jealous!

I'm glad you guys had a good time. You know, when I finally have a launch party, I would love to have you and the BM come. :)

Anna Louise Lucia said...

I really need to shop with you again sometime soon.... ggg

And yes, wasn't Julie's launch lovely?

Kate Walker said...

Thanks for the welcomes back

Anne, I'm glad you liked the photos. It was a great party. And yes, i'm Getting Back to Guido

Sharon - that moment of knowing someone has bought one of your books is something that I never get blasé about! I think the poor woman must have thought she had a stalker as I hung around by the shelves in case she put my book back! But she didn't. The Sicilian - well, he took some cajoling into talking to me again but he's cooperating more now

Dream, love, if you have a book launch we'd *love8 to come to it. My fingers are tightly crosse that one day . . .


Anna - shopping -definitely - but you know I'm a bad, bad influence. And yes, Julie's launch was one of the bets nights I've had in a long time. But them time with you 'girls' is always like that!

What we want is another book launch for someone else- hint! - - soon

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts