Monday, June 05, 2006

More on covers

I interrupt this celebration of my writing friends to bring you a small celebration of my own.

This afternoon, the postman appeared with a parcel. Inside were some books – hard back editions of The Italian’s Forced Bride and hardback (library) editions of my next title – At The Sheikh’s Command. The hardback design has changed slightly. It used to be dark, vivid pink with the artwork set squarely in the middle of a frame of pink. Now they are still pink, unfortunately (it’s not a colour I like at all) but on the front, the pink is confined to a flash at the bottom right hand side of the cover - in the same place that the blue flash and the words Modern Romance appears on the paperback edition. But on the hardback, the words say Mills & Boon and there is a pink rose.

I tried to scan the hardback cover in order to post it here, but it didn’t work very well. But luckily my kind editor has sent me a scan of the paperback copy so I can put that up instead. I thiink the colours of the artwork work better with the blue on the paperback edition anyway.


It’s a great cover. The colours are rich, warm and very sensual (like my hero, Malik) and it represents the book very well indeed. And yes, for those who mentioned that they dislike it when the covers don’t reflect the real colouring of the hero and heroine, this heroine – Abbie – is a blonde so that’s just right too.

I’m very happy with this. I think it’s the sort of cover that will make readers want to pick the book up from the shelves and - hopefully – take it home with them.

What do you think?

10 comments:

Nell Dixon said...

Wonderful cover, Kate

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic cover! The colours are really striking and the cover is sexy, romantic and classy too.

Anonymous said...

I like it!

Anonymous said...

Love the cover, Kate. Rich, sensual and evocative. It'd tempt me to buy.

Michelle Styles said...

Lovely cover, Kate. And I know you hate the pink covers but when I gave my library talk last month, the librarian spoke fondly of her Pink Cover Ladies who came in faithfully every month for those pink cover titles. Most of them reading all 16 titles.

Anonymous said...

Very, very nice. Rich and intriguing.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cover, Kate. I like the juxtaposition of the blue flash with that fabulous carpet - and that SKY!

And I did note the sand dune. Making amends for muscling in on a certain other cover, hmm? *g* (Mind you, it was a fantastic book. I like the way you approach Sheiks.)

Anne McAllister said...

Vastly better than The Blob, Kate. Not a sand dune in sight. Three cheers!

Anonymous said...

The cover is wonderful. I'll be interested to see what US cover looks like. Very steamy and sexy!

Kate Walker said...

Nell, Julie, Michelle, Sue, MichelleS, Blue, Julie C. KateH, Anne and Marilyn - I'm so glad you agree.

I'm looking forward to seeing this book on sale

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts