Thursday, May 03, 2007

Bienvenido España

I'm late posting my blog today - India Grey will be slapping my wrists! She tells me that she's addicted to the blog and has to keep checking if I've posted anything - can't settle till she's had her fix. I reckon it's really that Ruby kitty who's just looking for another drool over her hero Sid.
Sorry Ruby, not today! But you can always scroll back down till you find the 'Sensitive Side of Sid' calendar pic for the 1st May.

The reason I'm late - apart from the fact that I did write a post and then Blogger ate it - is that I've been really busy with planning the celebrations for my 50th book celebrations. (Gold seems an appropriate colour to write that in) These plans are coming along really well now - and one of the things coming up is a Great Big Blog Party that will take place when The Sicilian's Red-Hot Revenge is published in the UK in June and go on all the way through July when it's out in USA and Australia.


I have lots of really special visitors lined up to come and blog and chat with you - and there will be lots of giveaway prizes to be won. So you don't want to miss that. Really, you don't! I'm so excited by what I have lined up that I can't wait.
And it won't just be writers who'll be involved - I love some of you - some of my readers - to be part of the celebrations too - so I have plans . . . More of that later.

And the Spanish welcome? Well, I've been watching my Neo Counter and seeing how in the past week so many visitors have been calling in from Spain from Madrid, Badalona, Fuenlabrada, Yecla, Lugo, La Mancha, Carres, Alpedrete, Valladolid, Huelva, Alhaurin de la Torre . . . There were so many that it got me thinking. I don't always know when all my books come out in translations until they arrive in the mail and that can be months after the publication date. But this time I went investigating.


First I checked out the Mills & Boon web site and from there I found the Harlequin Spain site and there it was - Chantaje siciliano - or, Sicilian Blackmail - better known as Sicilian Husband, Blackmailed Bride.


So welcome - Bienvenido to all my Spanish readers who've visited in the past few days. You are all so very welcome. I hope you've enjoyed my blog - and that you've enjoyed Guido's story now that it's out in Spanish. And I hope that when The Sicilian's Red-Hot Revenge - or whatever it's titled in Spanish - comes out that you'll enjoy that too.


I hope you'll come back and visit often and that you'll maybe sign up for my newsletter list - this and my contests are for any of my readers anywhere in the world. I've always promised that I'll send any of my prizes anywhere in the world there is a mail delivery - and I always will.
Which reminds me that there is still a contest that's open and will be running over on My Tote Bag. The closing date for this is May 15th so you have plenty of time. So why don't you visit and see if you can win yourself a prize by answering a simple trivia question.
The prize is a signed set of my trilogy The Alcolar Family - appropriately enough about a family of aristocratic Spaniards. The theme of the day is obviously the wonderful country of Spain!
Adiós!




2 comments:

Michelle Styles said...

Thank you for the idea to check the Spanish site as I discovered that GH is out in Spain. I had not made the connection between increased foreign visitors to a blog and a book being out until you mentioned it. D'uh.
It made my day.
Hopefully your discovery made yours.

Unknown said...

Excellent Kate-- a nice early post to enjoy with my cup of tea. (Unfortunately now I have no excuse not to go and get on with some work!)

The 50th celebrations sound so exciting; I'd better finish this book before they all get going and my blog addiction runs riot!

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts