Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Top Ten Titles

I meant to blog about something else this morning - and then again this afternoon - but life in the form of too many emails to answer and too many other things to do (including giving Sid an Unbirthday treat of Salmon to appease him and soothing Hopalong Redford whose sore paw is now improving and talking to friends and sisters - that's the lovely thing about birthdays, lots of people ring up - the only unfortunate thing is that I didn't have time to really spend with each and everyone of them as when I was chatting to one then someone else appeared at the door . . . and that continued into today)

So the blog I meant to write vanished under a heap of Things To Do and never got written so instead I've done as I promised and unearthed the Top Ten Titles of my novels as voted for by my readers when I was celebratign 20 years of being published.

Well, actually no - for some reason it's the Top 28 Titles. Don't ask me why 28 - all I know is that this is the last detailed list of titles that I cold find as the result when all the votes were in and counted.

  1. The Twelve Month Mistress
  2. 2. The Spaniard's Inconvenient Wife
  3. 3. A Sicilian Husband

4 . The Sicilian's Wife
5. Wife for a Day

6. Desert Affair

7. Their Secret Baby

8. Bound by Blackmail

9.The Christmas Baby's Gift

10.The Groom's Revenge
11.The Hired Husband

12.The Hostage Bride

13. Constantine's Revenge

14. His Miracle Baby

15. The Married Mistress

16. Her Secret Bridegroom

17.Saturday's Bride




  1. 18. The Unexpected Child


  2. 19. Game of Hazard


  3. 20. Give and Take


21. Rafael's Love Child

22. No Holding Back

23.The Chalk Line

24.The Antonakos Marriage


25.Fiancée By Mistake

26.Flirting with Danger

27.Hers for a Night

28. Man of Shadows

It's an interesting list. This was compiled from votes sent to me at the end of 2005 and so The Twelve Month Mistress and The Spaniard's Inconvenient Wife are up at the top of the list because The Alcolar Family triolgy had just come out and I expect that the books were still clear in readers' minds. But there are plenty of older books too - The Chalk Line is the very first book I had published, Game of Hazard is the second and the first of my boks ever to be published in America.

There are a couple of Sicilians in there -but these are the fist set of Sicilians (stepbrothers rather than brothers) . I wonder where the latest Sicilian Brothers would appear now - or Domenico in The Italian's Forced Bride which is still in the Amazon daily bestseller lists.

Funnily enough this 28 is not to far from being half of the number of titles I've now written.

So how many of these have you read? Which ones would you put in your Top Ten? Which is your favourite Kate Walker novel ever? And the four next?

Let me know - email your answers to me with the heading Favourite Book in the subject line and I'll start compiling the newest version of the Favourite Kate Walker Novels ready for the 50th book Great Big Blog Party.

No comments:

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts