Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Coming Up

The start to a new year made me look forward and plan - and it was quite amazing to see what's already booked as coming up for me in 2010.

As some of these events - most of them - are already taking bookings and I'll soon be starting with the first of them, I thought I'd do a quick summary of just what's happening in the way of workshops and talks this year

So here goes -

HULL
This first one isn't fully confirmed yet but it's the first chronologically so -
I've been asked to do a workshop on the writing romance - based on the 12 Point Guide to Writing Romance - in Hull Central Library. I've just heard it will be on 8th February but I'm not sure yet if it's morning or afternoon.

SHEFFIELD
An Evening With Kate Walker
15th February Sheffield Central Library
6-8pm
Further details from the library



FISHGUARD

Once again I will be teaching at the fabulous Fishguard Writing Weekend.
Event: Weekend Residential Writing Course – Writing Modern Romance
Dates: 19 – 21st February 2010

Venue: Fishguard Bay Hotel Fishguard Pembrokeshire
Details and application here - (If you put my name on the form you should get a £10 reduction in the fee)

HIGHLANDS AND ISLANDS ARTS
I will be running a couple of events/seminars on romance writing organised by Highlands and Islands Arts (http://www.hi-arts.co.uk/).
At the moment, things are still being finalised, but the probable dates/venues I have are: Thursday 25th March 2010 (evening) Inverness
Saturday 27th March 2010 (afternoon) Ullapool
More details when I get them - or from HI Arts






RESIDENTIAL TRAINING
Event: a two day residential course on Writing Romance held in the beautiful surroundings of New Place Shirrell Heath, Southampton.

Dates: 24th - 25th April 2010
I've been having trouble with the RT web site - I will put the full details on my web site as soon as I get this sorted out.
NEWS - apparently the web site for this event has been lost and until the organisers can get things sorted out, the details of this course can be found here:


ROMANTIC NOVELISTS' ASSOCIATION
Romantic Novelists’ Association Conference




I'll be teaching some aspect of romance/ romantic fiction writing - not quite sure exactly what yet.
Place: University of Greenwich in SE London

Dates: Friday 9th July - Sunday 11th July 2010



WRITERS’ HOLIDAY AT CAERLEON
Once again I’ll be going back to one of my favourite places and taking part in the Writers’ Holiday at Caerleon 2010.
Date: July 25-30, 2010

Event: I will be teaching a five part course on The 12 Point Guide to Writing Romance.
Further details and booking forms can be found here: http://www.writersholiday.net/


NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WRITERS' GROUPS
NAWG (National Association of Writers’ Groups) Festival of Writing

Place: St Aidan's College, University of Durham, Durham
Dates: September 3-5, 2010http://www.nawg.co.uk/
I'll be teaching some courses here. More details when I get them.
That'll keep me busy - I hope to meet up with old friends and make new ones at many of these events -
That means you Rachael, Brenda, Rachel , Caroline . . .

And anyone else who wants to come along.

All details are on the EVENTS page of my web site and any new bookings will go up there as soon as I arrange them .

2 comments:

Lacey Devlin said...

Wow! No one could accuse you of having idle hands :)

Joanne Coles said...

Yay, a workshop in Hull. I am so excited :-)

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts