Monday, January 18, 2010

My First/Favourite Kate Walker novel - Michelle Reid

In another of the occcasional blog to celebrate 25 years of being published, today I have a post from a very special writer and a very special friend - Michelle Reid.



If you haven't read a Michelle Reid book then I both feel sorry for you and at the same time I envy you. I find it hard to believe that there are people out there who haven't yet experienced the intensity and emotion that Michelle brings to her stories. But then if you haven't, I envy you the fact that there are all those great books out there waiting for you to read them all.


2009 was a difficult year for Michelle with family health problems so the new books haven't been coming as fast as she would like but for American readers who haven't yet been able to buy it, Marchese's Forgotten Bride is out in Presents in March., with another title coming in July/August UK/USA And of course her book The Brazilian's Blackmailed Bride is available in the We Write Romance Selects Presents ebook bundle on eHarlequin and Amazon right now.


Here's Michelle:

Celebrating Kate Walker's 25th

When I think of Kate’s early books there are 3 which instantly leap into my head; Flirting with Danger - Shattered Mirror - Man of Shadows, and as I typed this I realised why these three leap out at me – just look at those titles! They speak for themselves of deep dark intriguing heroes and vulnerable heroines. They flag trouble before you even glance at the first page, where you’re treated to opening gambits like,


The sound of the doorbell rang loudly through the house, making Catherine tense instinctively. She froze in the middle of the room...

from Flirting with Danger,


Or, “How dare you? How bloody well dare you?” The savagely angry words flung at her from the darkness, seemed to slam into Eve...

from Shattered Mirror.

Don’t you want to read on? I know I do.

Just plucking these books off my shelf today I was hooked all over again. Sadly, I couldn’t find my copy of Man of Shadows, which is really annoying because I have a full set of Kate Walker books so it should be there, now I know I won’t settle until I find it. --Look’s like my bookshelves are about to receive an early Spring clean!


Some other favourites:
Rafael’s Love-Child
The Twelve Months Mistress
A Sicilian Husband
Constantine’s Revenge
Kept for Her Baby


And because they have to be here...
The Alcolar Family




Thanks Michelle!

On a personal note, I have to put Shattered Mirror as one of my favourites in this list as it was the first book of mine that Michelle and I talked about when we met and started our very special friendship over 15 years ago.


You can read more about Michelle's books and find out about new titles on her web site here

No comments:

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts