Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Reading Ahead Presentation

Life seems to have run away from me just recently - been busy with library events and working on a project that I'm just about ready to tell people about. 

 On Friday I attended one of my favourite library events at North Lincolnshire Libraries - handing out the certificates for the successful students on the Reading Agency Read Ahead scheme. Slow readers/new readers/ beginner readers all had to read six books in the year to win a certificate and I was able to hand out those certificates to everyone who had succeeded. 

 I did this last year too, And it was great to see someone who hadn't quite succeeded last year get her certificate this time. I think sometimes those of us who have been reading for years take reading for granted. This lady was struggling with dyslexia - but she got there this time. I love a success story.
It was a fabulous afternoon.

No comments:

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts