Wednesday, July 11, 2018

 Packing and planning ready to head for the RNA Conference tomorrow - via an overdue visit to a dear friend - and then to the Leeds Library for the Brontes and Romance panel tomorrow night - and then a fantastic weekend 'conferring' with so many friends from the RNA. I may have to drink a little wine
to stop my throat from getting too dry


My reading for the weekend - On Thursday evening I'm part of a panel at Leeds Library - discussing Romance and The Brontes. I'll be there with Janet Gover and Alison May
Date/Time: 12th July 2018, 7.30pm-9.30pm
Venue: The Leeds Library, Commercial Street, Leeds
To celebrate the 250th anniversary of The Leeds Library and 200 years of the Brontës, there will be a panel of RNA members discussing modernising Brontë classics and the enduring appeal of the themes. The panel will include ‘Juliet Bell’, the collaborative pen 
name of Janet Gover and Alison May, whose latest release is The Heights and Kate Walker, who wrote her MA on the Brontë sisters and their childhood writings. Kate is the author of a ‘Modern Romance’ reworking of Wuthering Heights entitled The Return Of The Stranger; part of a mini-series called The Powerful and The Pure, written for Harlequin Mills & Boon.

The event is free. Places are limited and can be reserved in advance Date/Time: 12th July 2018, 7.30pm-9.30pm
Venue: The Leeds Library, Commercial Street, Leeds

Return of the Stranger USA
To celebrate the 250th anniversary of The Leeds Library and 200 years of the Brontës, there will be a panel of RNA members discussing modernising Brontë classics and the enduring appeal of the themes. The panel will include ‘Juliet Bell’, the collaborative pen name of Janet Gover and Alison May, whose latest release is The Heights and Kate Walker, who wrote her MA on the Brontë sisters and their childhood writings. Kate is the author of a ‘Modern Romance’ reworking of Wuthering Heights entitled The Return Of The Stranger; part of a mini-series called The Powerful and The Pure, written for Harlequin Mills & Boon.  
The event is free. Places are limited and can be reserved in advance:http://www.theleedslibrary.org.uk/events/?eventPage=1
My reading? The Modern Romance Return of The Stranger that was inspired by Wuthering Heights. The interview I did for Laura Vivanco discussing that book - and my own - long ago MA thesis on the Bronte sisters and their childhood writings. (I thought I'd better remind myself of what I thought back then!) And then of course, there's the book itself - not sure how many times I've read Wuthering Heights, but I find I view it differently each time I do
.

No comments:

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts