Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Celebrating again - Trish and Me



It's the Awards time of year so I am truly happy to announce that another special friend of mine has won a major award -

Fanfare and trumpets . . .

Trish Morey, a lovely Australian Modern/Presents author has won the
Short Romance section of the
Romantic Book of the Year Award (R*BY)

with her novel The Italian Boss's Secret Child
Many many congratulations, Trish! I'm so happy for you.

I'm also feeling smug because when I read this book last year - and it's only Trish's 3rd book! - I remember saying to her that I felt that with this title she had truly found her voice. It seems a lot of readers thought so too.



And today I also have a small trumpet of my own to blow - you see that nice gold star on this post?

Well yesterday I learned that both The Italian's Forced Bride and The Married Mistress had been nominated for the Cat Romance Reviewers' Choice Awards. this is a real honour - the Cata Romance Reviewers read many many books each year and so even to be nominated as one of the best is a great thrill for me.


Extra good news is that reading through the nominations, I found many friends of mine there too - Anne McAllister, Liz Fielding, Kate Hardy, Trish Morey, Julie Cohen, Michelle Styles, Natasha Oakley, Trish Wylie . .

You can find a full llist of all the nominees here

And the awards ceremony takes place on Friday in a special Pink Carpet presentation on the Cata Romance message boards. They've brought in a hostess, Stacy Dawn (meet her here ) to announce the awards in Oscars style.

This will be a huge event. CataRomance are inviting authors and readers from around the globe (and every group and community on the web) to join them in a day of celebration, fun, and reminiscing the great books they've read this year. And they're giving away goodie bags full of bookmarks, pens and other goodies. So why not come along and join in?

9 comments:

Anne McAllister said...

Congratulations, Kate! And, of course, brilliant news about Trish, which I also posted on my blog, but without the great pic of the Lady Author herself!

I wish I could be at the Cata-Romance event on the 18th, but I'm going to be out celebrating with my sons and daughter as that is the wedding weekend -- and our anniversary as well. And so we'll be doing family stuff.

I send my best wishes to all, and I'm delighted to be included in such auspicious company!

Anonymous said...

Many congratulations

Michelle Styles said...

Hooray and double hooray.

The most exciting thing for me is to be included in such company.

Anonymous said...

Excellent news, Kate (about you AND Trish!). Congratulations.

And isn't it lovely to see so many friends' names up there, too?

Anonymous said...

Hooray!

And I loved Trish's book, so I'm thrilled she won the R*BY!

Anna Louise Lucia said...

Congratulations, Kate! Wonderful news. :-D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kate, and all good wishes to you and all nominees on Friday, I shall be thinking of you.

Love,
Mags

Trish Wylie said...

HUGE CONGRATS ON YOUR CATA WIN KATE!!!!!

Just had to come over and say WELL DONE!!!

Kate Walker said...

Thank you for your congratulations Anne, Carol, Michelle, The Other Kate, Julie, Anna, Mags -

And I see that Trish has 'outed ' me. Thank you specially for those congratulations, Trish

I'm off to announce it properly on the full blog

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts