Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Catching up 1

While I was tweaking the Greek pineapple, Kate Hardy tagged me with the '4 things . . . '

I've cheated and just copied this straight from the time I did this for the Presents Authors web site.
If you haven't visited there, you might like to take a look - and you can find out how the other Presents authors answered this and other 'tags'

Okay:
4 jobs I've had in my life:
Children's librarian – this was my other 'proper' job – the one I trained for and had qualifications in and did for more than a few months.
Toffee factory worker – A vacation job when I was a student. You could eat as much toffee/chocolate as you liked – after the first week I'd had more than enough.
Bookshop assistant. Here's where I learned to read books without ever bending or cracking the spine – then they could go back on the shelves!
Civil servant – interviewing claimants for benefits at the Dept of Health and Social Security . I hated it.

4 museums worth visiting:
Bronte Parsonage Museum – for anyone like me who loves Wuthering Heights or Jane Eyre etc – this is where Charlotte, Emily and Anne actually lived and died.
National Portrait Gallery – all those faces of real people.
Jorvik Viking Centre – in York. Not exactly a 'museum' – more an experience. You can hear, see, and actually smell what Viking life was like.
Trinity College Dublin where the fabulous illuminated manuscript Book of Kells (dating from approx 800 AD) is on display

4 places I've lived:
Newark Nottinghamshire where I was born
Halifax West Yorkhire where I grew up
Aberystwyth, Wales where I went to University and met my husband
Lincolnshire where I live now

4 tv shows I love to watch:
Coronation Street – the original and best UK 'soap'
Most Haunted - because I just hope that one day the investigations will prove that there are ghosts
2 Pints Of Lager and A Packet of Crisps – very rude and very very funny
Coupling – brilliant comedy and brilliant observation of male/female relationships

4 places i've been on vacation:
Malta
Tasmania
Madeira (I have a thing about islands)
Iowa

4 websites I visit daily:
Well, the only ones I visit daily are
eHarlequin
And various Blogs of friends:
Anne McAllister
Kate Hardy
Liz Fielding

(that was then - now I'd have to add the Pink Heart Sociaety into the mix)

4 of my favorite foods
Salad
Pasta
Vegetables –any - (honest!)
Fish and chips –( they taste best, eaten with your fingers from the paper when you're very hungry on a cold dark night)

4 places I'd rather be right now
In bed – asleep (well I've just finished a book on deadline) (nothing changes! I wrote this in May 2006 but it applies now as well - and there's been another book, another deadline in between)
Ireland
By the sea – anywhere
On the settee – reading a good book

No comments:

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts