Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Smug cat . . . and more countries

So I booted the Greek out the door and sent him to entertain my editor.
Great, I thought - I have some free time - and some lovely books to read and . . .

And someone pointed out that they put Christmas on December 25th and didn't tell me.

Eeeeek!
I have presents but they're not wrapped, I have cards but they're not written. I have a tree but it's not decorated . . . You get the picture?
I do have smart hair though - today's visit to the hairdresser sorted that out - and tomorrow after a visit to the dentist I shall have wonderfully clean and polished teeth.

So I can dazzle people with my smile and my hair and then maybe do you think they won't notice that they haven't got a card - or their present isn't wrapped??

Matters are not helped by the fact that a certain smug cat is telling me that he has done all his cards - finished them days ago, in fact! Hmph! He insists I post the evidence too. So here you see Sid hard at work on his Christmas cards.

And while I was busy with the Greek-who-did-not-want-to-be-written I found that my country counter was sneaking upwards. And somehow it's got to 66 countries. So now I have to go and check which are the new countries so I can welcome them properly. But first I have to find the list of the countries I already had - it's here somewhere - maybe under the pile of presents waiting to be wrapped - or the bundle of cards waiting to be written . . . .

Or maybe it's under a certain smug cat who has done all his cards already!

PS One thing I did manage to do is to pack up the Christmas Stocking prizes and get them in the post - and the Newsletter 12 Days of Christmas prizes that Sid has chosen so far (along with doing all his cards!) so prize winners - look out for them. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Christa said...

I have my tree up(only because it's ceramic) but haven't really done any of the other Christmas hoopla.

Anne McAllister said...

Congrats to Sid on finishing his cards. He's doing better than I am, too. But then, he didn't write a Troublesome Greek or a tycoon taking over an island paradise, did he?

Wolfy said...

Kate so glad that you got your Greek out the door to bug someone else. I am sure that everything else will fall into place for you. Maybe Sid will take pity on you and lend a hand............lol.....but I can't see that happening - he is most likely to say "I told you so!"

Kate Walker said...

Christa - a ceramic tree sounds like a ver pratcical idea. No pine needles falling all over the place.

Sid says he's sending a card to you Anne, but I'm not sure that The Lady Across the Pond will do as an address

Annie - I wish you luck in getting your Greek out the door. The hairdo was nice, the teeth cleaning ok but probably necessary but the departure of the Greek was definitely the best stress reducer

Cryna - I've asked Sid to lend a paw but - yes - you;re right 'I told you so!' was the response. Typical Sid

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts