Tuesday, November 07, 2006

5 things . . .

Liz Fielding tagged me to reveal five things that few people know about me - and I promptly forgot - so I'm catching up now . . .

1. I mouse - computer mouse that is - left handedly. There is a lefthanded gene that runs in my family - my neice is left handed, my son took a long time to finally settle on which hand to use - and I tend to use both for some things - so the mouse goes to my left which drives the BM mad when he wants to borrow my computer.

2. I once had afternoon tea with the late Irish President Eamon de Valera who was a friend of my grandfather

3. I was the May Queen's attendant in the annual Church May Procession when I was ten

4. I played 'Mrs Hitchcock' in a university production of Sergeant Musgrave's Dance by John Arden ( this was the first time that my husband ever saw me - I had grey hair and lines painted on my face)

5.I collect embroidery - mainly children's embroidered 'samplers'


A note from Sharon, the creator of People Collection (which seems to have originated this "Five Things..." list), says: PLEASE LEAVE THE FOLLOWING IN ALL ‘PEOPLE COLLECTION’ POSTS:Remember that it isn’t always the sensational stuff that writers are looking for, it can just as easily be something that you take for granted like having raised twins or knowing how to grow beetroot. Mind you, if you know how to fly a helicopter or have worked as a film extra, do feel free to let the rest of us know about it! :)


I tag -- or ask to join in should they want to - Anne McAllister and Kate Hardy if she hasn't already done it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining in, Kate. How posh to have had tea with the Irish president ;-)

I'm looking for a pattern to make a sampler for my new 'grandson' at the moment but haven't been able to find anything I like, but that's probably just me being overly fussy. Please don't say "make one up" because I'm just not clever like that.

Liz Fielding said...

Dead posh, Kate!

It's years since I saw Sgt Musgrave. Brilliant stuff. Clearly the BM saw through the makeup to the true you!

My dh and I met doing AmDram in Zambia. It was St Joan and I was a cheeky pageboy in purple tights, he was the Chaplain to the Earl of Warwick -- the Mad Dog de Stogamber (or something pretty close it was a very long time ago!).

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts