Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I said it was special . . .


Well, I knew that this Fishguard Writers' Weekend was special - it had that sort of atmosphere right from the start. And one of the things I forgot to mention was that the weekend gave me a chance to meet up with two cyber friends - people I had only ever really met on message boards on eHarlequin before now. That was bound to make it extra special if nothing else.

Some people have said that Fishguard, in Wales, is not the easiest of places to get to - well, neither is the Moray Coast in NE Scotland or Heptonstall W Yorks where the Arvon courses are held. And when I did the one day workshop in Kent that was not easy for me to get to! It's all relative. Students travelled the five hour trip from London, 8 + hours from Keighley West Yorks and West Kirby - and Chris one of my eHarlequin friends came from Dallas via Haverfordwest where her family live!

So it all depends what you want - and what you're prepared to put in to get it. Certainly I know I would willingly travel the 8 hour + journey again for a fun, warm and valuable couple of days like that. And obviously I'm not the only one - so the two pictures I'm posting now show that - at the top of this blog is dawn breaking over Fishguard Bay which is something I would love to see again. And the bottom picture is the beautiful bunch of flowers that arrived this morning from one happy student - thank you so much Carol! They're gorgeous.

3 comments:

Anne McAllister said...

Glad you had a brilliant weekend, Kate. Sounds as if your students did, too! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Where's the WALE? Is it as tasty as salmon? Inquiring minds have been bored all weekend and want to know.

Kate Walker said...

Anne - it was a lovely weekend - I enjoyed every minute of it. Even when my students forced me to drink wine!

Sid - you really would prefer salmon to Wale. And I'm sure you haven't been bored - you had your cat sitters to take care of you

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts