Thursday, July 09, 2009

Tote Bag of Books Presents Special - Susan Stephens

Today's Presents author is Susan Stephens who has contributed copies of two of her books to the tote bag so you could win either Housekeep at His Beck and Call or Desert King, Pregnant Mistress.



As Susan's current book out is Sheikh Boss, Hot Desert Nights, today she's blogging about her love of writing these exotic sheikh stories:


My love of writing sheikh books was prompted at an early age by an ad on TV. I think it was for yumy, chocolate covered Turkish delight, but for some reason the ad featured a sheikh and a tent with billowing sides and a truckload of silken cushions. The Sheikh in his flowing robes rode a wild Arabian stallion and had a brooding look in his eyes, which I interpreted as many secrets in his heart.

Well, that was me hooked. More than anything I love to take my romances behind the silken veil to discover the fantasy desert and the fantasy lover waiting for me there.
Tall, dark and handsome is just a starting point- these days he has has to be ultra-sma
rt to cope with my feisty heroines who turn up on his tent-step- Plus, he not only has to fulfil all my wildest dreams- he has to exceed them.

Sheikh Boss, Hot Desert Nights, the book I am thrilled to know will be released on the 60th Anniversary of Harlequin romance, grew out of this passion and follows the story of a real Sheikh al Bad Boy, Sheikh Rafik al Rafar of A'Qaban.

Raffa- as he likes to be known- is a younger sheikh for me- an alpha in the making, if you will. I gave him a worthy heroine, Casey Michaels, a sassy young business woman who won't take Heat from anyone. Combustible? Explosive, I'd say. I hope you enjoy!

And before I go- What's your favourite fantasy?

There is a marvellous prize at the end of this season's celebrations, so don't be shy- share your dreams today.


With my warmest wishes to you and yours
Susan
Susan's Scavenger Hunt Question is:

What is the family name of the two sheikh brothers in the duo of which Sheikh Boss, Desert Nights is the first book?
You can find the answer on Susan's website

3 comments:

Kate Walker said...

Sorry Marilyn - I've removed your comment because it answers the question and the idea is that all the answers to the questions are collected up and sent in as with the answers to all the other questions - 15 of them - at the end of the Scavenger Hunt.

I'll copy the rest of your comment - without the answer and post that.

Kate

Kate Walker said...

From Marilyn Shoemaker:

I just finished Susan's book and it's incredible. Sheikh Raffa was to die for in so many ways.

Susan Stephens said...

Thank you for your comment, Marilyn. I always fall in love with each new hero, and I have to admit that a Sheikh with a contemporary twist added a certain spice for me to Raffa's appeal- and I think everyone must know by now how I feel about these magical voyages beyond the silken veil.

Happy reading!
Susan

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts