Friday, July 24, 2009

Tote Bag of Books Presents Special - Robyn Donald

It's a real thrill for me to introduce today's Presents author who has donated copies of her books to the Tote Bag of Books.


Way back before I was ever published, when I was reading Mills & Boon books both for pleasure and to learn how to write these very special stories, one author that I always looked out for was Robyn Donald. I always knew that I would enjoy her books as I had done right from the moment I first read them - and that I would learn such a lot about the intensity of writing a true Presents book.

I have so many Robyn Donald titles on my 'keeper' shelf that I couldn't quite believe it when I found that I was actually published alongside her. In 2004 I had the great thrill to meet Robyn herself - and her lovely husband - when I attended the Romance Writers of Bew Zealand Conference in Auckland. That was a real dream come true moment - one that was compounded by the fact that actually told me that she enjoyed my books!




So I'm really honoured to think that Robyn has joined in my contest and has donated two copies of her next book - Rich Ruthless and Secretly Royal - to the prize collection.


Welcome Robyn! I'm so glad to have you here.

Robyn says:

When I first began reading the romances published by Mills & Boon – oh, back in the Dark Ages – I fell instantly for their focus on an intense relationship between two people who had to fight for their happy ending. I adored the strong authoritative men and the women they loved, and I was fascinated by the settings – in Africa, or the Caribbean, or exotic places in Asia. I also loved the fact that one of their authors was Essie Summers, a New Zealander who wrote beautifully about the high country in the Southern Alps and the tough men who live there.

I wanted to write them too. When my first book was accepted, I felt as though I’d come home, and after 78 books I still feel that way. The internet has opened up a community linking readers and writers that is heartwarming and exciting, and it’s a great pleasure to donate copies of my 79th book book Rich, Ruthless and Secretly Royal, published in the United Kingdom in September.
Best wishes to you all,
Robyn Donald


Nights of royal passion . . .and pleasure . . .
Prince Kelt, Duke of Vamili, knows the weight of responsibility a title brings. So the brooding royal keeps his privileged birth well hidden. Until one glance at mysteriously alluring Hannah Court threatens to shatter his defences . . .

Exotic beauty Hani has never known a man who excites her as quickly as Kelt. He's achingly persuasive and thrillingly powerful. But the chiselled god who pleaures her at night is holding a secret . . . one almost as dark as her own!

Robyn's scavenger hunt question is -

How does Robyn describe the place where she lives?

Visit Robyn's web site to find out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
penney said...

Hi Robyn
Thanks for being here today I have enjoyed reading about your book, it sounds so good I'm going to check it out at eHarlequins, I just love the picture of the cover so romantic!
Have a great weekend and thanks
Penney

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts