Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tote Bag of Books Presents Special - Christina Hollis

Another Presents author who has contributed a book to the Tote Bag of Books is Christina Hollis who had donated two signed copies of her June release The Tuscan Tycoon's Pregnant Housekeeper and she's here today to talk about her favourite

SUMMER TREATS


No other romances can quite compete with ‘Presents’. That heady mix of exotic locations, gorgeous men and powerful passions make them as exciting to write as they are to read. In winter I love to curl up in front of the fire with some hot chocolate and escape into a romantic world full of heroes who know their own minds. Every year I think that when summer comes, I’ll be too busy out in the garden for reading, so I have to get it all done during the long, dark evenings. When the warm weather comes, it’s a different story! The latest collection of ‘Presents’ titles has just arrived, tempting me out to lounge about in the sunshine. I won’t have a hot drink by my side as I read in this weather, but my latest treat is even worse for the waistline. The weather had been so kind, our pots of strawberries have been ripening really well. The trouble is, there aren’t very many of them so I use them as a filling for sponge cake, along with a layer of vanilla cream.

When the season starts at the local pick-your-own fruit farm, the children pick bushels of strawberries for turning into granita, a really easy summer sorbet. To make it, crush and sieve a kilogramme of strawberries, add the juice of two lemons and 250 grammes of icing sugar. Whisk until it’s all nicely mixed, and then freeze until solid. This is slightly less fattening than strawberry sponge cake, but just as delicious!
Christina's question:

Kate’s goody-bags contain some signed copies of my June Modern Romance, The Tuscan Tycoon’s Pregnant Housekeeper. To enter her great giveaway competition, pop over to my website, to find the name of my JULY release under the ‘Presents’ banner.
Hint – it’s Cheryl and Marco’s story, and there’s an extract on the bottom of my website’s front page!

3 comments:

penney said...

Hi,, where do I send the answer to?
Thanks
Penney

penney said...

Yea! cancel my request hun I have it now. Have a great week
Penney

Christina Hollis said...

Thanks, Penney - hope you have a great week, too!

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts