Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St Patrick's Day

A Happy St Patrick's Day to everyone - specially my two Irish writer friends Abby Green and Trish Wylie. And of course to all the Irish side of my own family. Just the thought of the celebrations in the 'Emerald Isle' makes me think about going back to Dublin again and sharing a special drink with Abby to mark the day.

I'm sure you've spotted that I actually dedicated my current Presents EXTRA title The Konstantos Marriage Demand to Abby as a thank you for her company and generous chauffering duties when the Babe Magnet and I have visted Dublin in the past and when she and I went on writers' retreat to Delphi Lodge in spring last year. Happy St Paddy's Day Abby!

Today I'm celebrating St Patrick's Day with another guest blog in the company of the Mamawriters. It's a long time since I combined writing with fulltime motherhood, but I remember it only too well. And that's what we'll be talking about over there if you'd like to come and join us.


Oh - and the winners of yesterdays RNA prizes were:



Romantic Novel of the Year

Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts - Lucy Dillon


Love Story of the Year

Animal Instincts - Nell Dixon

Maeve Binchy and Joanna Trollope were presented with Lifetime Achievement Awards for their contribution to romantic fiction, as the Romantic Novelists' Association marked its 50th anniversary.
Many congratulations to all the winners - and to the RNA on this very special anniversary.

1 comment:

Abby Green said...

Thanks Kate - Happy St Paddy's Day to you too! Wish you were here in Dublin...!
xx Abby

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts