Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Stocking and Studying

This isn't going to be the post I meant to write. I'm waiting for a photograph of my next Christmas Stocking author so I can't do the write up till that appears. But I do have some more good news on the Contest front.

When I collect books for the Bag of Books or the Christmas Stocking Contest, I try to get at least one title from the major lines published by Harlequin Mills & Boon so that the winners get a selection of books - and maybe try some new authors and new lines they've never read before. Those of you who entered the Bag of Books in the summer will remember that the selection there included Liz Fielding (Romance) Anne McAllister and Michelle Reid (Modern/Presents) Julie Cohen (Modern Extra) Kate Hardy (Medicals and Mod Ex) and Michelle Styles (Historical). And it was that last line - Historicals - that was giving me trouble this time. So I'm thrilled to be able to say that the wonderful Nicola Cornick has come to my rescue and she is donating 2 signed copies of her December Harlequin Historical title - Lord Greville's Captive.

That's not what she calls it - and I can't wait to let you in on Nicola's personal nickname for her book! If I didn't already know Nicola's work, just this phrase would have me rushing to buy a copy.

The other bit of news I have is - well - remember this?

That's the lovely Fishguard Bay Hotel where I had a part in the wonderful Novel Writing Weekend a couple of weeks ago. At the time, several people who read this blog said they wished they could have been there but the date wasn't right for them etc, and they wanted to know if I would be running the course again. And I didn't think that I would be doing another one. But yesterday I heard from the organisers of the Fishguard weekends and they have asked me to run the Contemporary Romance course again in November 2007.

Now that's a long time away - but hopefully giving you advance notice will help all those who couldn't come this year plan their time/finances/travel/lives so that you can make it this time.

The dates are: Novel weekend Friday 10th - Sunday 12th November 2007

Or you can find out details by checking the Novel Writing Weekend web site.
This weekend will only run if there are enough bookings but you can book on line at no cost - and save yourself £10 on the price of the weekend at the same time.
And while you're there, why not take a look at the details of the Caerleon Writers' Holiday in case you fancy a week in sunny (usually) Wales making new friends, learning lots about differrent types of writing and eating and drinking too much. (Or is that last part just me?)

Now this Greek hero Andreas and I have a very important scene to write. Well - okay - I have to do the writing. And we disagree on which particular scene is the most important. He knows he's finally going to get Becca into his bed - I'm more concerned about what happens afterwards. (You see - as my students on this year's Novel Writing Weekend will remember - in writing a love scene it's not what happens during it - it's the before and after that counts!) But either way, I think we're in for an interesting day!

1 comment:

Kate Walker said...

It would be lovely to see you again Annie - maybe you could come over for an AMBA meeting and stay? It's such a pity that the journey from Oz is so long - I'd love to go back and visit again

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts