Saturday, March 03, 2007

Birthday wishes

Today is my mother's birthday. Madeleine Mary Ita Walker was born on 3rd March 1916 in Clones County Monaghan, Ireland. She is one of the reasons why my latest trip to Ireland meant so very much to me.

Sadly she died just before the publication of my first book - though she did know that it had been accepted and was about to be published.

Of course this means that I can't actually celebrate her day with her, so I'm really happy that two other special friends in my life share this birth date - Abby Green, one of the newest Presents authors and of course an Irishwoman herself and Lee Hyat of Author Sound Relation and My Tote Bag, both of whom are celebrating their birthdays today.

Happy Birthday, ladies - I hope you have a wonderful day and that it marks the start of a very special and happy year for you.

And Happy Birthday Mother - always.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a love picture of your mom!

Happy birthday my dear Abby and to Lee Hyatt my froemd. I wish you a day full of joy!

Anonymous said...

I agree that is a beautiful picture of your mum Kate. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip to Ireland. Today is also my oldest friend's birthday.

Chris.

Anne McAllister said...

Happy birthday, Kate's mum! You'd be so proud of her.

Maria, Lover of All Things Romance said...

That is a beautiful picture, it reminds me of the one I have of my late grandmother.

Kate Walker said...

Thank you all - I'm so glad that you like the photo of my mum - I've always loved it.

Marilyn and Chris - yes Happy Birthday to Leem Abby - your friend, Chris ans everyone who shares this birthdate

Thank you Anne - I'd love to think she knows how my life has gone

Maria - perhaps it's the Irish connection that brings the similarity?

Hi Blue - and thank you for the lovely compliment. I'm so glad that my books have reached out to you .

Kate

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts