Thursday, March 29, 2007

That delivery man again

So no sooner had I written yesterday's post than the delivery man was back at the door with more books. If he has to come to the house any more this week then the neighbours will be talking.

This time it was a huge box full of the 3rd editions of the Straightforward Guides - my Writing Romantic Fiction and the BM's Creative Writing, Freelance Writing and Writing Perfomance Poetry. As I said in a previous post, the 3rd edtion of Writing Romantic Fiction is expanded from the 1st ed but the same as the second. But the other books are expanded specially The Straightforward Guide to Creative Writing is which has an Active Writing section of exercises. It's always fascinating to see what a 'new look' will do to a cover - and these have come a long way from the way they first appeared in 1998.
I had to look that up - I didn't know it was quite that long ago that we originally wrote them. The novels I had out in that year were The Temptation Game, Wife for a Day and Fiancée by Mistake. And Wife For A Day was my 25th title.
Another delivery was a parcel of foreign editions - from Hungary, Germany and Korea where they had a very festive edition of The Christmas Baby's Gift.


Obviously red was the theme of the day for book covers.


COMPETITION REMINDER:

As it's coming towards the end of March, just a reminder that my current contest to celebrate the publication of Sicilian Husband, Blackmailed Bride is still running. Entries are accepted until April 15th and the prizes (2 of them) are:
An autographed book from Kate's backlist;
A Kate Walker book bag;

and
A beautifully crafted Shamrock bookmark as pictured here.

Details and the trivia question you need to answer can be found on the Contest page of my web site of over on My Tote Bag where lovely Lee Hyat is helping me with my contest entries. While you're there you can read the first interview with Abby Green whose very first book is now out in America and already on the Waldenbooks list.
And on I(Heart)Presents the discussion is about Sheikh romances - do you love them or dislike them? I've only written two sheikh stories myself. Desert Affair and At The Sheikh's Command. Well - three if you count the Writing Round Robin I worked on on EHarlequin and then I had some great unpublished authors to help me (Kate waves to any 'Hoods' who might be visiting.)The reason I wrote them was because the story called for a sheikh hero.
My own personal favourites are by my special friend the brilliant Michelle Reid who wrote the fabulous The Sheikh’s Chosen Bride and The Arabian Love-child. I was so intrigued by Rafiq who had a secondary role in the first that I was thrilled to see him get his own book in the second. And The Sheikh’s Chosen Bride is a brilliant example of the way that a great writer can show how two people can be totally in love with each other from the very first page and yet the conflict can tear them apart simply because each one of them is trying to be honourable.
What about you? Do you have any favourite Sheikh stories? If you want to join in the discussion you'll find it here

No comments:

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts