Saturday, March 31, 2007

Publication Date - and Covers

As an aside from the Letter to A Wannabe, which I will continue with Part Three later -



According to Waldenbooks, my latest Presents novel - Sicilian Husband, Blackmailed Bride - has been on the shelves - somewhere - for a week. According to Amazon it's out on April 1st.




But apart from the fact that I find it hard to believe the book is actually released on a Sunday, if I was to announce its publication tomorrow, you might think it was just an April Fool. I have no intention of doing any April Fool tricks but all the same I thought I'd better just annouce that Sicilian Husband, Blackmailed Bride is officially published in April and will be on sale . . . er - from now?



But as I have said already - and perhaps this is where the April Fool does come in. When you see the book out there in the shops, please ignore the picture of the hero on the front - this is not Guido. The fact is that the real Guido looks like this.




Or this


Well that has at least made Mags happy for the day!



However - on I(Heart)Presents there are some covers that someone seems to think look like Harlequin covers - to me they're more like the old-fashioned 'bodice ripper' covers.


But then again, maybe I should do a hero with an eye patch????

I'll be looking at covers again later - but what do you think?

Have the men/male models on the covers become less manly - or do you like the way the artwork is being handled. I mean - there's Guido (poor Guido) on the April book.

And then there's his brother Vito - about whom I have no complaints - coming in June/July.
Looks pretty manly to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A happy day, indeed! Thank you very much for the unexpected treat of another couple of views of Iker - aka your Guido and aka my Nic!! Always a pleasure!

Love,
Mags xx

Anonymous said...

Personally I like the covers of both books and agree that they look manly enough for me :D However I prefer your Guido, Mags Nic, that is one truly great looking guy :D

principessa said...

Love those wonderful photos. So male and totally yummy.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts